Looking for happy new year wishes for family?
The new year is upon us! As the days count down to 2022, we all start making plans to celebrate the new year with friends and family.
To gather for holiday dinners, ugly sweater parties, champagne popping, and new year’s eve parties. Although how we come together has changed this year, with more zoom parties and social distancing measures, we can still gather in our hearts.
Some of us will stay in and be cozier than ever before, while others will spend the evening with their household members.
But, no matter how you spend new year’s eve, one thing is for sure, you’ll be sending well wishes to friends and family.
Messages of love, hope, peace, and joy for the new year ahead are sure to fill our phones and spill over into our hearts.
Sure, you could say, “Happy New Year!” or “Happy 2022!” but why not share heart-touching new year wishes instead? Use these special new year’s greetings and well wishes to show your loved ones how much you care.
Let’s inspire each other to live our best lives in 2022, to do what we’ve always wanted, and to prepare for a successful new year! To have positive thoughts starting on December 31st and carry that spirit of possibility throughout the entire new year. We could sure use it!
To help you share new year wishes of love and cheer, here are 44 new year quotes for friends and family. I believe in the power of inspirational and motivational quotes like these to encourage us to make the most of 2022. To cherish every moment and to be our best selves!
Welcome a Happy New Year Quotes
How will you welcome the new year? Do you count down as the ball drops in Time Square? As the bells ring and people sing, the new year is upon us. This first collection of new year quotes for friends and family share the excitement, the magic, and the wonder of new year’s eve night. As the world waits and celebrates the arrival of 2022.
“New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” ― Auliq Ice
2. “Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true.” ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 100 End of Year Review Questions
3.“Of all sound of all bells… most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year.” ― Charles Lamb
“Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer.” ― Walter Scott
5. “Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” ― Brooks Atkinson
Positive Thoughts for the New Year
What do you believe the new year has in store for you? Will 2022 be your best year yet? The following new year quotes for friends and family utter positive wishes and hopes for the new year ahead. Whether you set new year’s resolutions or not, there’s something to be said about being positive no matter what happens in the coming year.
“Tonight’s December thirty-first, Something is about to burst. The clock is crouching, dark and small, Like a time bomb in the hall. Hark, it’s midnight, children dear. Duck! Here comes another year!” ― Ogden Nash
👉🏽 RELATED POST: New Year's Resolution's for College Students
7. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
“Here’s to the bright New Year. And a fond farewell to the old; Here’s to the things that are yet to come. And to the memories that we hold.” ― Anon
9. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” ― Oprah Winfrey
10. “Another fresh new year is here. Another year to live! To Banish worry, doubt, and fear, to love and give.” ― William Arthur Ward
Celebrating New Year’s Eve with Friends Quotes
Who are you spending new year’s eve with? Are you hosting a new year’s party this year? This collection of happy new year wishes for friends and family share the joy of celebrating new year’s eve. Let there be lots of champagne, cheers, and laughter this new year’s eve. Raise a glass and share heart touching new year’s wishes with your friends. So, what are your plans this year?
“Ah, but in case I stand one little chance. Here comes the jackpot question in advance. What are you doing New Year’s, New Year’s Eve?” — Ella Fitzgerald
12. “Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
13. “Pour the champagne and let its mousse rise, like thousands of sparkling smiling eyes.” ― Jared M. Brown
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Prepare for the New Year
14. “Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year, everybody.” — Phyllis McGinley
“First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
16. “In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
“Life is too short to not have oysters and champagne sometimes.” — Christie Brinkley
18. “Let us have wine and women. Mirth and laughter. Sermons and soda-water the day after.” ― Lord Byron
Quotes About Spending New Year’s Eve with Friends
Do you stay up late and countdown to the new year? Will you spend new year’s eve or day with friends and family? This collection of happy new year quotes share the joy and pains of celebrating new year’s eve. Staying up late, overstaying your welcome, or just staying in at home. Perhaps you feel too old to party. What’s your new year’s eve tradition?
19.“A year of ending and beginning, a year of loss and finding…and all of you were with me through the storm. I drink your health, your wealth, your fortune for long years to come, and I hope for many more days in which we can gather like this.” — C.J. Cherryh
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Choose the Right New Year’s Resolution
20. “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” — Bill Vaughan
“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” — William E. Vaughn
22. “To be an ideal guest, stay at home.” — E. W. Howe
23. “Good parties create a temporary youthfulness.” — Mason Cooley
24. “At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely. — W. Somerset Maugham
Inspirational Happy New Year Quotes for Friends
Spending new year’s eve with friends? Celebrating with family and loved ones? The following happy new year quotes for friends and family illustrate the joy and happiness the new year brings. May 2022 be the year of belief in all that’s possible for you, a year of happiness. May you make plans for the new year and make your dreams come true. Let go of the past, and open yourself to the joy of a new year.
25. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’.” ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
“Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
27. “When you see a new year, see realities and limit fantasies!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 100 Unique New Year’s Resolution Ideas
28. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.”― Anusha Atukorala
“With dawn of the new year on the horizon, I resolved to exert my will on the world.” ― Holly Black
30. “Tonight’s another chance to start again. It’s just another New Year’s Eve, Another night like all the rest. It’s just another New Year’s Eve, Let’s make it the best.” ― Barry Manilow
Motivational New Year’s Day Wishes
What does the new year represent for you? Do you need to keep move forward in life? The following new year quotes for friends and family encourage us to embrace fresh starts and new beginnings. With the turning of the calendar, we begin again, with 365 new days to change our life for the better. These quotes are also perfect for happy new year wishes for friends.
“A new year. A fresh, clean start! It’s like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities!” ― Bill Watterson
32. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce
33. “Approach the new year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.” — Michael Josephson
“Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” ― Charles Kettering
35. “No one ever regarded the First of January with indifference. It is that from which all date their time, and count upon what is left. It is the nativity of our common Adam.” ― Mark Twain
36. “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” — Hillary DePiano
“365 new days. 365 new chances.” ― Unknown
38. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” ― Charles Lamb
New Year Wishes for Best Year Yet
What have you always wanted to do, but been too scared to? But wish you had? The New Year is a chance to try again, to do it right, and to just get started. This final collection of new year quotes for friends and family encourage us to live in 2022 with no regrets. Don’t hold back, don’t stay stuck in the New Year. Live a life you’re proud of and so happy with. The only thing holding you back is you!
39. “It wouldn’t be New Year’s if I didn’t have regrets.” ― William Thomas
“Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you’ve always wanted to do but couldn’t find the time.” ― Ann Landers
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Keep New Year's Resolutions
41. “What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” ― Vern McLellan
42. “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year.” ― John R. Dallas, Jr.
“For a new year to bring you something new, make a move, like a butterfly tearing its cocoon! Make a move!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
44. “Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” ― Neil Gaiman
Take the Quiz – What Should My New Year’s Resolution Be?
Are you ready to live your best life in 2022? Why not start by setting the right new year’s resolution for you!
Are you excited about the new year? To spend time with friends and family ringing in 2022?
Don’t forget to take time to send heart-touching new year wishes to those you love.
Raise your glass and cheers to the new year filled with possibility and all you’ve hoped and dreamed of.
Want to wish your friends a happy new year? Looking for heart touching quotes for the family? Click here for 44 happy new year quotes perfect for friends and family. #NewYear #HappyNewYear
What new year quote for friends and family do you love?
Last Updated on December 1, 2021