Looking for inspirational keep moving forward quotes?
In need of quotes about moving forward and being strong?
Are you feeling stuck, unable to let go of the past? You have to keep moving forward! Click here for 129 inspirational keep moving forward quotes that encourage you to move on. #MoveOn #LetGo #MovingForwardClick To Tweet
It’s okay to admit that you’re feeling stuck and stagnant in life. That everything’s lost its luster and you’re just barely going through the motions.
Perhaps you can’t stop replaying moments in the past and you’re haunted by mistakes and missed opportunities.
You’re barely here in the now and certainly not looking or planning ahead for the future.
Face it, you’re struggling right now and need to keep moving forward in life.
But, what does it mean to keep moving forward? Especially, when it feels like your life is falling apart and you just don’t recognize who you are anymore.
To keep moving forward you shift your focus from the past to your future. It’s a change in mindset and a belief that the best is yet to come! That there is still goodness and new adventures awaiting you.
By moving forward in life you start making plans and setting goals again. You not only start dreaming again, but you start fighting for your dreams to come true!
Whether it’s from a broken heart or home, loss of a friendship or a loved one, you make the conscious decision that there’s another chapter waiting for you. Because there is! But, there’s one catch, only you can claim it.
To help you snap out of it here are 129 inspirational keep moving forward quotes that encourage you to get back to living. Things are rarely as bad as they feel or seem, find a reason to keep going. You deserve it!
Quotes about Leaving Things Behind
Struggling to move forward in life? Is it painful to leave things or people behind? Moving forward requires us to let go and let ourselves heal. This first collection of inspirational quotes about moving forward in life illustrates how it isn’t moving on that’s hard, but leaving things behind that hurts.
1. “What people resist is not change per se, but loss.” — Ronald A. Heifetz
“Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” — Stephen King
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Change in Life and Moving On Quotes
3. “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” ― Dave Mustaine
“Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.” ― Anne Roiphe
6. “Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons.” — Donald Miller
Let Go and Focus on the Future Quotes
Can’t stop living in the past? Do you wish that you could look forward to the future? Moving forward is hard when your mind is trapped in the past and focused on what was. The following inspirational keep moving forward quotes encourage us to focus on the future and what we’ll gain, rather than what we’ve lost.
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” — Tao Te Ching
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Live in the Moment and Enjoy the Present
8. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
9. “One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up. Instead of what they have to gain.” ― Rick Godwin
“Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” — Daphne Rose Kingma
11. “Let your hopes, not your hurts shape your future.” — Robert H. Schiller
Quotes About Moving Forward and Being Strong
Can’t stop thinking about how good your life used to be? Unable to let go of past glory? You have to! The following selection of inspirational quotes about moving forward reveals to us that there are better things ahead than behind. Holding us doesn’t make you strong, letting go does!
12. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” — Raymond Lindquist
13. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” — Tori Amos
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Confidence Boosting Quotes
15. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse
16. “Change takes courage.” — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
“Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
18. “You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.” — Jennifer J. Freeman
Move On From Mistakes and Bad Choices Quotes
Are you haunted by your past mistakes? Unable to move on from your bad choices? You have to let it go, forgive yourself and start looking forward. The following inspirational keep moving forward quotes encourage us to learn from our mistakes and make better choices for the future.
19. “In my life, I have made the occasional catastrophic choice, and it’s just a case of moving on and learning from it.” — James Nesbitt
“You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” — Johnny Cash
21. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” — Dave Pelzer
22. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” — Victor Kiam
“Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
24. “Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!” ― Steve Maraboli
25. “Mistakes are acceptable if they’re the result of moving forward.” — Andrew Yang
26. “Sometimes we stumble and fall, it doesn’t mean we are failures, it simply means we are moving forward.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” — Denis Waitley
29. “The problem is that when we speak of plan Bs, we already negate the possibility of moving on with plan A.” — Isaac Herzog
Keep Learning, Keep Moving Forward Quotes
Have you learned from your mistakes and failures? Are you stuck or moving forward in life? The following selection of inspirational quotes about moving forward reminds us of one of life’s most important lessons, that every failure and mistake is a learning opportunity. We have to not only keep moving forward but keep learning!
“You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” ― Conrad Hall
31. “I fervently believe that education is the key to moving forward.” ― Chuck Fleischmann
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Fake it Until You Make It
32. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” ― Jackson Kiddard
33. “I’m a fast learner, and I believe in change, and I believe in growing, and I believe in moving forward and not staying in the same place.” ― Linda Perry
“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” ― Steve Maraboli
Forget the Past and Just Move On Quotes
Are you holding onto the past? Unable to stop replaying memories? Painful or otherwise? You have to forget the past, so you can live in the now. This collection of inspirational quotes about moving on in life pleads with us to just let go, forget the past and move on already. Happiness cannot be found in your memories of the past, but by living your life!
“Forget the past – the future will give you plenty to worry about.” — George Allen, Sr.
37. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever ‘the old’ means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
38. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” — Dan Brown
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Happy and Positive
39. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” — Steve Maraboli
40. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
41. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein
“The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.” — Rebecca Solnit
43. “The past is unalterable in any event. The future is the only thing we can change. Learning the lessons of the past is the only way to shape the present and the future.” — Jim Butcher
44. “If you can’t do anything about it then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change.” — Tony Gaskins
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” — Oprah Winfrey
46. “Don’t hold on to the past; it won’t help in moving forward. Dare to dream big.” — Rajeev Suri
47. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.”― Rick Warren
Quotes About Holding On and Letting Go
Should you keep holding on? Not sure if letting go is the right choice? All of life is a combination of both knowing when to hold on and when to let go. These inspirational keep moving quotes illustrate the dual nature of both, that momentum in life is gained by both holdings on and letting go. The hard part is knowing when to hold on and when to let go.
48. ”If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” — Lao Tzu
“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” — C.S. Lewis
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
50. “Sometimes you can’t let go of the past without facing it again.” ― Gail Tsukiyama
“There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” ― Terry Pratchett
52. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” — Jeffrey McDaniel
Giving Up, Letting Go or Still Holding On Quotes
Does moving forward feel like you’re giving up? Not sure if letting go is accepting defeat? Yes, moving forward can feel a lot like giving up, especially if we’re talking about your dreams or goals. But, these inspirational keep moving forward quotes remind us that that moving on is not giving up. That sometimes you have to move on for your own sanity and safety.
“There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” ― Jessica Hatchigan
54. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” ― Havelock Ellis
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Should I follow my Dreams or be Realistic?
55. “The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.” ― Baltasar Gracián
56. “You can only lose what you cling to.” ― Buddha
57. “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” — Ginni Rometty
“The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go.” ― Shannon L. Alder
59. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ― Steve Maraboli
60. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” ― Guy Finley
“Anything I cannot transform into something marvelous, I let go.” ― Anais Nin
62. “It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of ‘Let it go’ we should probably say ‘Let it be’.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
Inspirational Quotes About Moving on From People
Has a relationship or friendship ended? Struggling to move on from a friendship or partner? Losing love is hard, and having a friendship die is just as difficult. This isn’t the end for you, there’s still love waiting for you. The next selection of inspirational keep moving forward quotes laments the truth about relationships. Put yourself out there, make new friends and manifest love in your life. And it’s okay to be single on Valentine’s Day!
63. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” — Steve Maraboli
“You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.” — Mandy Hale
65. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber
66. “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” ― Khalil Gibran
67. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” ― Faraaz Kazi
“As soon as anyone starts telling you to be ‘realistic,’ cross that person off your invitation list.” ― John Eliot
69. “I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny
70. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” ― Stephen Chbosky
“Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.” ― Unknown
73. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them… but still move on without them.” ― Mandy Hale
Keep Moving Forward and Start Over Quotes
Does this change in life feel like the end for you? Afraid to start all over again? In a way, life is a series of endings and beginners. This collection of inspirational quotes about moving forward in life encourages us to be brave, to see the new beginning and just get started. Don’t be afraid of anew beginnings, it’s filled with new opportunities.
74. “You shouldn’t be fearful of starting over.” ― Jeffrey Katzenberg
“Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” ― Nicole Sobon
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes that Motivate You to Start
76. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
77. “It’s never too late to give up what you are doing and start doing what you realize you love.” ― Hans Rosling
“Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” ― Bikram Choudhury
79. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”— C.S. Lewis
80. “It’s never too late to start something new, to do all those things that you’ve been longing to do.” ― Dallas Clayton
81. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” ― Mary Pickford
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” ― Karen Lamb
84. “Don’t make a change too complicated, just begin.” — Unknown
Inspirational Start Moving Foward Quotes
Are you stuck in your life? Feeling unmotivated to get started? We all have our moments of low energy and lack of motivation, but don’t let that stop you. These motivational keep moving forward quotes encourage us to struggle forward if we have to. Just keep moving forward, get started, no matter what it takes.
85. “Rivers are lucky. They can only move forward.” ― Marty Rubin
86. “Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.” — Justin Timberlake
87. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” — Bryant McGill
“My trust in a higher power that wants me to survive and have love in my life, is what keeps me moving forward.” — Kenny Loggins
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Start Fighting for Your Dreams
89. “There’s no time for regrets. You’ve just got to keep moving forward.” — Mike McCready
90. “Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear.” — Mandy Hale
“Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward.” — Anderson Silva
93. “Set your goal and keep moving forward.” — Georges St-Pierre
Take a Step and Keep Moving Foward Quotes
Do you actually believe in your work? Does working hard at your job make you feel satisfied or resentful? It’s hard to be happy and fulfilled at a job that you don’t actually believe in. This collection of motivational quit your job quotes illustrates the importance of truly enjoying your work. When you enjoy your work, you are more productive!
94. “Moving forward first requires a step to be taken.” ― Chase S.M. Neill
“Baby steps count, too, as long as you’re moving forward.” ― Chris Gardner
96. “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
97. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” ― Walt Disney
98. “Forgiveness is a way of opening up the doors again and moving forward, whether it’s a personal life or a national life.” ― Hillary Clinton
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” ― Alexander Graham Bell
100. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr
101. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” ― Roy T. Bennett
102. “Whatever happens, I’ll just keep moving forward. Like an avalanche.” ― Michelle Phan
Stop Looking Back and Move On Quotes
Do you find yourself constantly dwelling on the past? Unable to stop looking back? The following quotes encourage us to stop looking back at our past but to start moving forward instead. The past has nothing for you, but your future does.
103. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
“Looking back isn’t going to help you. Moving forward is the thing you have to do.” ― McKayla Maroney
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Stop Overthinking
105. “I can’t take back the past, but I can fight for the future.” ― Shannon A. Thompson
106. “When you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward.” ― Paulo Coelho
“The longer we keep looking back in the rearview mirror, it takes away from everything that’s moving forward.” ― Dan Quinn
108. “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” ― Fridtjof Nansen
109. “I’m looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past.” ― Mike Rowe
110. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” ― Alyson Noel
Inspirational Quotes about New Beginnings
Hurting emotionally right now from a painful ending in your life? Feeling bitter over what you’ve lost? The following keep moving forward quotes illustrate the beauty of new beginnings. Just like autumn and falls arrival, to mark the end of summer, the end is really just a new beginning. Spring’s arrival is just around the corner. It’s the same for your life!
111. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” ― Seneca
“New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” ― Lao Tzu
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational End of Year Quotes
113. “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.” ― Jonathan Lockwood Huie
“It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” ― Ernie Harwelll
115. “If you are brave enough to say goodbye life will reward you with a new hello.” ― Paulo Coelho
116. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” ― Fred Rogers
117. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” ― Helen Keller
Move Forward and Try New Things Quotes
Are you afraid to leave your comfort zone? Unwilling to try new things in life? They say variety is the spice of life. These inspirational keep moving forward in life quotes motivates us to try new things, to give life another chance. Our hearts will break, life gets hard, but we must keep trying and continue doing the things we love in life.
“Try something different today. Don’t stay stuck, do better.” ― Andy Wooten
119. “I think the only way for you to grow and evolve is to keep listening, keep moving forward, keep jumping in and trying to experience.” ― Dianne Reeves
120. “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” ― Richard Branson
121. “Knowing what you don’t want is all you need to start the adventure of a lifetime.” ― AJ Leon
The Best Is Yet to Come Quotes
Are you ready to keep moving forward in life? Excited for the amazing things that life has in store for you? This final selection of inspirational quotes encourages us that the best is yet to come. That the past is gone, but your future holds more than we could have ever imagined. It is never too late to begin again, to decide to move on.
122. “What is coming is better than what is gone.” ― Arabic Proverb
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” ― J.P. Morgan
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Never Give Up Quotes
124. “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.” ― Bob Proctor
125. “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us.” ― Mimi Novic
126. “There’s only one place I want to go and it’s to all the places I’ve never been.” ― Nikki rowe
“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ― C.S. Lewis
128. “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” ― George Eliot
129. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis
Printable Black & What Wall Art Quotes
Are you ready to keep moving forward in life? To start setting goals and dreaming again? Get your free printable black and white wall art quotes that are perfect for your home, office, bedroom or wherever you need to find inspirational daily. Each design is black and white and features brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed and posted.
Do things feel a bit lighter and brighter now?
Your life is worth living, you deserve more than just kinda, sorta, getting by. Do whatever you have to do to get back into your life.
Because when you’re so focused on your past, you can never accept the gifts of the present or future. There are many gifts all around you every single day. And so much to be thankful for.
Let go of the past, holding onto it is hurting you more than helping at this point.
Focus on the now, and make a plan for your future.
What keep moving forward quotes do you love?