Looking for wise and short quotes about change and growth?
There’s one simple truth about life, that’s often hard to accept. Nothing stays the same and things are always changing.
This truth causes us such pain if we let it. From growing up to getting old, to shifts in our lives, change can feel sudden and abrupt.
We’re often never truly prepared for life’s changes. Like the seasons changing, one day there’s sunshine and flowers and the next it’s cold and dark.
No matter how it hurts or makes us uncomfortable to face, that is the beauty of life.
Table of Contents:
- Quotes About How to Change for the Better
- Wise Quotes About Change and Growth
- Truthful Quotes About Change Being Uncomfortable
- Motivational Change is a Good Thing Quotes
- Change What You Do, Not Who You Are Quotes
- Insightful Quotes About People Changing
- If You Want to Change the World Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes About Changing Your Life
- Quotes for When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
- Short Quotes About Change Being Important
What changes are you facing in your life that you’re afraid to make? Struggling to accept and wishing you didn’t have to face?
Perhaps you’re a recent graduate adjusting to life after college, or even trying to find yourself after cancer. Or experiencing friendships that have faded away or a love that’s passed away.
You grow up, the people in our lives do too and there’s so much change. The things we love no longer excite us and the activities we enjoy we can no longer do. This is what life is.
Sometimes situations no longer benefit you, that job you used to love has become a toxic workplace and you’re considering quitting your job, but it’s scary.
It hurts if we let it, but it’ll harm us even more if we fight it and refuse to change with it. If you’re in this position right now, I know you know what I mean.
To help you get excited and moving forward again, here are 87 quotes about changing your life for the better. Because you deserve better, and the best is yet to come!
Quotes About How to Change for the Better
Not sure how to actually change your life for the better? Looking for ways to change yourself or your circumstances? This first collection of wise quotes about change explains how we change and how we evolve as people. Change begins by asking questions and embarking on a journey of self-reflection!
1. “Change comes from reflection.” ― Genesis P-Orridge
“The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” ― Nathaniel Branden
3. “Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right.” ― Jane Goodall
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Change in Life and Moving On Quotes
4. “Asking questions is the first way to begin change.” ― Kubra Sait
“Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.” ― Soren Kierkegaard
6. “People can change, learn, and grow, and it’s better to face your demons instead of perpetually running away from them.” ― Jessica Rothe
7. “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” ― Albert Einstein
8. “Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled “This could change your life.” ― Helen Exley
Wise Quotes About Change and Growth
Frustrated that your life is always the same? Feeling stuck and like nothing ever changes? The following wise quotes about change and growth reveal the simple truth that, unless you change, nothing will. It’s easy to blame circumstances or the world, but unless you change, nothing changes.
“Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” ― John Maxwell
10. “The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.” — Bill Clinton
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Accept When Your Goals Change
11. “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” — Tony Robbins
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” — Henry Ford
13. “The most important skill you need is the ability to learn how to change and grow.” ― Scott Cook
14. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” — Gail Sheehy
“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
16. “Change, like healing, takes time.” ― Veronica Roth
Truthful Quotes About Change Being Uncomfortable
Afraid to leave your comfort zone or do something different? Feeling uncertain, worried or unwilling to change? Let’s be honest, change is hard! The next selection of changing your life for the better quotes illustrates that change is uncomfortable but necessary! The pain, the stretching, is all for your benefit.
17. “I’ve learned that for many people, change is uncomfortable. Maybe they want to go through it, and they can see the benefit of it, but at a gut level, change is uncomfortable.” ― Mitchell Baker
“Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone.” — Billy Cox
19. “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” — Ginni Rometty
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 39 Confidence Boosting Quotes
20. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Neale Donald Walsch
21. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass
22. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Roy T. Bennett
“In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety.”— Abraham Maslow
24. “Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” ― Arnold Bennett
25. “Change is always a little bit strange.” — Brendon Urie
Motivational Change is a Good Thing Quotes
Are you struggling to accept that your life is changing? Unhappy with recent life changes? Stop fighting it, change is a good thing. This collection of changing your life for the better quotes reminds that change is necessary. An absence of change is an absence of life. Life is all about change!
26. “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.” ― Benjamin Franklin
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” ― Winston Churchill
28. “Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.” ― Robin Sharma
29. “He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.” ― Harold Wilson
“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.” ― Winston Churchill
31. “If you don’t like change, you will like irrelevance even less.” ― General Eric Shinseki
32. “Change can either challenge or threaten us. Your beliefs pave your way to success or block you.” ― Marsha Sinetar
“Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change.” ― Arthur Burt
Change What You Do, Not Who You Are Quotes
Worried that change means that you lose who you are? Uncomfortable with who you are becoming? This selection of wise quotes about change and growth explains that we don’t have to change who we are, just what we do. You’ll always be you, no matter what. Change your behavior, not your values.
“You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”― Philip Pullman
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
35. “People don’t resist change. They resist being changed.“ ― Peter Senge
“Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots.” — Victor Hugo
37. “Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.” — Pauline R. Kezer
38. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” — Madonna
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” — John C. Maxwell
40. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” — Mike Murdock
41. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
Insightful Quotes About People Changing
Can people really change? Does life experience transform us in someways? The following change your life for the better quotes offers a contrary opinion to the previous. They seek the answer to whether people can and should actually change.
42. “Things do not change, we change.” — Henry David Thoreau
“People change over the years, and that changes situations for good and for bad.” — Bobby Knight
44. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” — Unknown
45. “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” — Neil Gaiman
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” — Carl Rogers
47. “Your surroundings may change but your essence and your personality pretty much stay the same.” — Jenna Dewan
48. “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” — Max DePree
If You Want to Change the World Quotes
Do you dream of a better world? Want to make the world a better place? The following quotes about changing your life for the better reveal the secrets to changing the world. Here’s a hint: in order to change the world, you have to change yourself first.
49. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” — Leo Tolstoy
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
51. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” — Albert Einstein
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Stop Negative Self-Talk
52. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
“You can’t change what’s going on around you until you start changing what’s going on within you.”— Zig Ziglar
54. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
55. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ― Mother Teresa
“And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” ― Libba Bray
57. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ― Nelson Mandela
58. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Walter Isaacson
Inspirational Quotes About Changing Your Life
Looking for practical ways to change your life for the better? Life is about choices and making the right decisions for yourself. The following change your life for better quotes reveal that the secret is choosing a different path in life. Get up and move forward, you are not stuck.
59. “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.” — Jim Rohn
“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” — Lao Tzu
61. “When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” — Viktor E. Frankl
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational Quotes About Achieving Dreams and Goals
62. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
“You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” — Jim Rohn
64. “You are always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.” — Richard Bach
65. To get from where we don’t want to be to where we do want to be requires two things: time and a change of direction.” — Andy Stanley
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” ― Maya Angelou
Quotes for When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned
Is life just not working out the way you thought it would? Do you feel as if you’ve wasted so much time? This selection of changing your life quotes is frustrated with their life right now. Nothing is a waste of time, there are no mistakes just lessons. It’s not the end, let go of expectations and should-haves and just embrace where you are and move on.
“We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
68. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” — Thomas A. Edison
69. “There’s always something to suggest that you’ll never be who you wanted to be. Your choice is to take it or keep on moving.” — Phylicia Rashad
70. “If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” — Charles Revson
71. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” — Brian Tracy
72. “Recognizing that you are not where you want to be is a starting point to begin changing your life.” — Deborah Day
“Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” — Brene Brown
74. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” — Lao Tzu
75. ”You have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” — Candace Bushnell
Short Quotes About Change Being Important
Why is changing your life for the better important? Why should you be the best version of yourself? This final selection of quotes about changing your life for the better share the importance of change. They also warn us of the dangers of not changing, not evolving. Be brave, embrace change!
“Change before you have to.” — Jack Welch
77. “What’s dangerous is not to evolve.” — Jeff Bezos
78. “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.” — Elon Musk
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” — Carol Burnett
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes that Motivate You to Start
80. “It only takes one person to change your life: You.” — Ruth Casey
“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” — Simone De Beauvoir
82. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” — Jim Rohn
“Every day is another chance to change your life.”— Unknown
84. “Each of us has the opportunity to change and grow until our very last breath.” — M.F. Ryan
85. “Change is inevitable. Change for the better is a full-time job.” — Adlai Stevenson I
86. “When in doubt, choose change.” — Lily Leung
87. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” — Georg C. Lichtenberg
Printable Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Are you ready to keep moving forward in life? To start setting goals and dreaming again? Get your free printable black and white wall art quotes that are perfect for your home, office, bedroom or wherever you need to find inspirational daily. Each design is black and white and features brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed and posted.
Sometimes your world shifts and you have to change with it. What was normal, is no longer the status quo.
For whatever reason, whatever sadness or tragedy, you have to pick yourself up and decide to change with it.
Life is about change, for good or for bad, it will keep on changing.
As much as we’d love to stay comfortable, to achieve your goals and live your best life, you have change for the better.
It’s a journey of personal growth and development, start it.Want to change your life for the better, but now sure how? Click here for 87 quotes about changing your life for the better. #ChangeYourLife #ChangeYourThoughts #MoveOn #LetGo
What quotes about changing your life for the better do you love?
Last Updated on July 11, 2021
Get Your Printable Quotes
+ get weekly tips to help you slay your goals.