Need motivational graduation quotes for life after university?
That day is finally here. You’ve been working for years just for this moment.
To walk across that stage and accept your diploma. You did it!
All that hard work to achieve your goals in college paid off.
But, you might already be sensing the feeling of, but now what? Was that it? What do I do next with my life?
Table of Contents:
You are NOT alone in this feeling. After classes are over and you’ve accomplished all you’ve aspired to for the last four years there’s a sense of loss.
Your identity as a student is gone almost overnight and all of a sudden you’re supposed to be an adult with a real job and debts to pay.
How do you adjust to real-life off-campus and outside of a classroom?
Good news recent graduate, college and university have prepared you better than you think. The one major life lesson is that you know how to learn, how to adapt and how to grow.
That right there is the greatest takeaway from post-secondary education. No matter how you feel or do “on the outside” of academia, you’re a graduate! You worked hard for this and you’ve earned it.
Take that same dedication and hard work and apply it to your next challenge. Whether that’s achieving financial success, or building your career or creating your dream job. You know how to do this!
To aspire you to greatest, here are 42 empowering graduation quotes for life after college.
Motivational Keep Learning After Graduation Quotes
You’ve turned in your final papers and written your last exams. And you’re excited to be done with all the learning and graduate to real life. But, news flash college grad, life is all about learning. Sure, the school work might be over, but your life is filled with learning experiences if you’re wise enough to learn them. This collection of empowering graduation quotes reminds us to keep learning after commencement.
“The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
2. “The unfortunate, yet truly exciting thing about your life, is that there is no core curriculum. The entire place is an elective.” — Jon Stewart
3. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” — Albert Einstein
“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Long Term Goal Ideas for College Students
5. “Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.” — Frederick W. Robertson
“There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.” — Jennifer Aniston
7. “Our greatness comes when we appreciate each other’s strengths, when we learn from each other, when we lean on each other.” — Michelle Obama
8. “Nobody likes to fail, but failure is an essential part of life and of learning. If your uniform isn’t dirty, you haven’t been in the game.” — Ben Bernanke
Inspirational Quotes on the Importance of Education
Remember how fresh-faced and bright-eyed you were when you started college? You’ve matured, your mind has expanded, you’ve learned so much. Personal development and transformation is the purpose of higher education. The following empowering graduation quotes remind us of the importance of education. Remember when your life off-campus begins, that all that student debt was for a reason. Never regret it!
“Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” — Oprah Winfrey
10. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” — John Dewey
11. “The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.” — William S. Burroughs
12. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” — Oscar Wilde
“Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 100 Best Personal Development Books
14. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
15. “The highest result of education is tolerance.” — Helen Keller
“What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the human soul.” — Joseph Addison
17. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” — Malcolm S. Forbes
18. “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” — Theodore Roosevelt
19. “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” — Leonardo da Vinci
Congratulations, Graduation is Just the Beginning Quotes
Graduation, with the ceremony, speeches, caps, gowns, and diplomas has such an air of finality to it. It’s the end of a major chapter in your life. For most of your life, your years have been defined by the school calendar. And here you are looking for inspiration at the end of the year. This collection of empowering graduation quotes are here to remind you that graduation isn’t really the end, just an end and the beginning of so much more.
“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” — Robert M. Hutchins
21. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Gandhi
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 52 Inspirational End of Year Quotes
22. “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” — Nora Ephron
“When you leave here, don’t forget why you came.” — Adlai E. Stevenson
24. “The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse.” — Edward Koch
25. “Everything’s always ending. But everything’s always beginning, too.” ― Patrick Ness
“We don’t stop going to school when we graduate.” — Carol Burnett
27. “Let us never be betrayed into saying we have finished our education; because that would mean we had stopped growing.” — Julia H. Gulliver
28. “Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” — Senator Orrin Hatch
Inspirational Do What You Love After Graduation Quotes
Some of us started college with a plan for our lives. We set SMART goals for college, knowing exactly who we were and where we wanted to be after graduation. On the other hand, some of us had no idea and still have no idea, or perhaps changed our minds along the way. Don’t feel lost after grad, instead, just start by doing what you love. This selection of empowering graduation quotes encourage us to answer YES to what we love when we wonder, “should I follow my dreams or be realistic?”
“Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know it when you find it.” — Steve Jobs
30. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” — Albert Schweitzer
31. “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” — Jim Carrey
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Start a Business You Love
32. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do.” — Ella Fitzgerald
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life.” — Marc Anthony
35. “There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.” — Wayne Dyer
Quotes About Never Knowing Where You’ll End Up
Worried you’ll end up in a soul-sucking job you hate or working in a toxic work environment? It’s easy to find yourself living an unhappy life when you put “success” before your own happiness. Without grades or exams telling you how well you’re doing, you need to define success in your own words. Your success is not for your friends or family to decide, but you! This collection of quotes for life after college encourages you to just embrace the journey and throw the map out the window!
36. “Sometimes you find out what you are supposed to be doing by doing the things you are not supposed to do.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Life is an improvisation. You have no ideas what’s going to happen next and you are mostly making things up as you go along.” — Stephen Colbert
38. “As you start your journey, the first thing you should do is throw away that store-bought map and begin to draw your own.” — Michael Dell
👉🏽 RELATED POST: SMART Goals for College Students
39. “The old rules are crumbling and nobody knows what the new rules are. So make up your own rules.” — Neil Gaiman
“Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” — Ellen DeGeneres
41. “There is no script. Live your life. Soak it all in.” — Dick Costolo
“Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.” — Kerry Washington
Inspirational Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Are you ready to embrace life after college? Want to get inspired to pursue your happiness and your own success? Awesome! Here are 10 beautiful printable black and white art quotes that are perfect for your office, bedroom or wherever you need the reminder to live an inspired life. Each design features a brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed, framed and posted.
Life is a journey, and there are no shortcuts to success. There will be challenges and obstacles after graduation, but remember all that you have learned. You have already come so far, and have so much farther to go.
Start focusing on your own happiness and discovering what success really means to you.
Take time to think about your life beyond the classroom and set long-term goals beyond college.
You’ll make mistakes, you’ll get frustrated, but you’ll also be more excited than you ever thought possible.
To you, your future, to achieve the goals and dreams you don’t even realize you have as yet.
Congratulations college graduate!Are you graduating from college or university? Want to get ready for adult life? Here are 42 empowering graduation quotes for life after college. #Graduation #GraduationDay #Classof2021 #Adulting #Quotes
What empowering graduation quote do you love?
Last Updated on July 11, 2021
Get Your Printable Quotes
+ get weekly tips to help you slay your goals.