What are the best inspirational end of year quotes? Looking for famous quotes and sayings for closing the year?
The end of the year can be such an emotional time of year for us all. Whether it was your best year yet, or not so great, you definitely start to get the feels as the end approaches.
And 2022 is no exception. We’re all counting down the days to 2023. A new year, with new possibilities, where the problems of 2022 can fade away.
Are you ready to close the chapter on 2022, and welcome the new year with all its new possibilities?
What will the new year have in store for you I wonder? Will this be the year you finally go after your dreams and achieve your goals in life? I sure hope so!
May 2023 bring back normalcy and all the things we miss about day-to-day life, like gathering and feeling safe.
Table of Contents:
- The End is Just a New Beginning Quotes
- Remember What You Learned Last Year Quotes
- Thankful and Hopeful for the New Year Quotes
- Best End of Year Quotes for Pessimists
- Finally, Get Started in the New Year Quotes
- New Year Means New Opportunities Quotes
- Take Action in the New Year Quotes
- New Habits to Start in the New Year Quotes
- New Year, New Adventures Quotes
- Be Your Best Self in the New Year
Whether making New Year’s resolutions is your thing or not, this time of year is perfect for reflection and future casting! That’s planning ahead, visualizing where it is you want to be in 2023, and taking steps to make it happen.
Take a moment to discover what it is you want for yourself in the New Year. Do you know? You really should.
In 2023, will you make money from home or start your successful blog? Perhaps you’ll become more spiritual or finally make time for doing what you love? There are endless possibilities for you.
Each end of the year is your new beginning! So no matter how you felt about 2022, put it behind you and move forward into the new year with a renewed sense of purpose and excitement. Get motivated and be inspired to do your best in the new year.
As you prepare for a successful new year, here are 52 inspirational end of year quotes for a happy new year. May each of them encourage you to make the most of this time of year.
The End is Just a New Beginning Quotes
The end of the year is just a new beginning! Without an end, there would be no new year, no new start. This selection of Inspirational End of Year Quotes welcomes the new year and the opportunity to begin again, to be reborn on January 1st. Let the anticipation of the page turn, and all the magic that comes with it get you excited for the new year.
“The first few days of each new year have always seemed to be filled with a special magical quality of anticipation. What will the new calendar produce in our lives?” – Og Mandino
2. “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes About Changing Your Life for the Better
3. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
4. “A new year can begin only because the old year ends.” – Madeleine L’Engle
“Everyone should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page.” – Henry Ward Beecher*
6. “The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming 12 months!” – Edward Payson Powell
Remember What You Learned Last Year Quotes
The end of the year signals a new beginning for us all, but that doesn’t mean we start over from square one. We have to remember each and every lesson we learned in the previous year and carry them forward with us. This collection of Inspirational End of Year Quotes and sayings reminds us to learn from our past, so we can accelerate our futures. No matter how painful or disappointing last year was, don’t forget what it taught you!
“In the New Year, never forget to thank to your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
8. “If you wrote a book for each day of the year that has past. And then reread it on New Year’s eve, what things would you change, what things would you cherish. Take the things that are cherished and vow to focus more on that in the coming New Year.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Why You Need to Review Your Year
9. “Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” – Brooks Atkinson
“It wouldn’t be New Year’s if I didn’t have regrets.” – William Thomas
11. “At the end of the day, it’s all about what’s on the shelf at the end of the year.” – Steve Coppell
Thankful and Hopeful for the New Year Quotes
A fresh year full of endless possibilities awaits you just around the corner. Be optimistic, be hopeful, and above all be thankful for all you have. Appreciation and an attitude of gratitude in the new year can open so many doors for you (way more than being super grumpy). The following Inspirational End of Year quotes encourages the optimist in all of us to seek the bright side, and be positive no matter what.
12. “Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year.” – Charlotte Eriksson
13. “A new year brings not only happiness, it makes us happy with a hope to fulfill our dreams or a new beginning of our life. So, a new year is very special to everyone.” – Santonu Kumar Dhar
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 37 Inspirational Gratitude Quotes
14. “The year end brings no greater pleasure then the opportunity to express to you season’s greetings and good wishes. May your holidays and new year be filled with joy.” – Charles Dickens
“Another fresh new year is here… Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, to love and laugh and give!” – William Arthur Ward
16. “Let us embrace the coming year with a living hope for everyday life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Best End of Year Quotes for Pessimists
The honest truth about the end of the year is that it isn’t always cheerful or joyous! It can be an extremely emotional time of year for us. When we’re faced with what we’ve done, or haven’t done. What we’ve achieved, and have yet to achieve. It can haunt us and make us miserable. So, here are some honest End of Year Quotes for the pessimist in all of us. Maybe you even think setting New Year’s Resolutions is silly and a waste of time, and that sticking to your resolutions is impossible. That’s okay!
“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – Bill Vaughan
18. “I would say happy new year but it’s not happy; it’s exactly the same as last year except colder.” – Robert Clark
19. “What is the funniest thing people do on 1st January? They make resolutions.” – Pearl Aman
👉🏽 RELATED POST: The Ultimate List of Unique New Year’s Resolution Ideas
20. “New Year’s Day now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.” – Mark Twain
“The New Year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.” – George William Curtis
22.“I made no resolutions for the new year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.” – Anais Nin
23. “Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.” – Ernest Haskins
24. “A year from now, you’re gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.” – Phil McGraw
Finally, Get Started in the New Year Quotes
It’s a completely normal reaction to feel behind and even angry with yourself for not doing what you said you would this past year. And to even feel as if you just can’t get started, like it’s too hard and you’re stuck. But never give up on your dreams or your goals, it’s never too late to get started. This collection of Inspirational End of Year Quotes encourages you, nay emplores you, to just get started!
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
26. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 19 Powerful Quotes that Motivate You to Start
27. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending” – Carl Brad
29. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
New Year Means New Opportunities Quotes
Nothing says a new year like new opportunities! Oh, all the goals you’ll set and achieve, all the plans you make and accomplish. The end of year announces to us that 365 days of opportunity are here, what will you do with them? The following inspirational end of year quotes reminds us of the potential that awaits us in the New Year.
30. “Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities.” – Michael Josephson
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Keep Moving Forward Quotes
32. “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” – Charles Kettering
33. “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives…not looking for flaws, but for potential.” – Ellen Goodman
34. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” – Zayn Malik
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Choose the Right New Year’s Resolution
Take Action in the New Year Quotes
The end of the year is here, and hopefully the end of all the excuses for not making it happen. No more waiting, no more putting it off, this year is the year to take action in your life. These motivational New Year’s quotes and sayings remind us that it’s not enough to wish and want, nor to set goals, we must also act! Let’s make 2023 your best year yet!
“There are greater things to be achieved in every New Year, and each and everyone must prepare themselves to be great, not by words of the mouth, but by a lot of sacrifices.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
36. “This cannot be the year of talking. Of wishing. Of wanting. This has to be the year, you get it done!” – Eric Thomas
“Instead of trying to change your entire life in January, the simpler strategy is to adopt a 12-month plan where you’re making constant improvements.” – S. J. Scott
37. “How the New Year will turn out is entirely up to you. The attitude you bring, the determination you have, the goals you set all will result in the type of year that you will have. So let your attitude be positive, your determination be strong!” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
New Habits to Start in the New Year Quotes
When it’s almost new year there’s so much talk of goal setting and planning, but the best-kept secret for achieving your goals is to create new habits! Change your life in a major way this new year by focusing on one small habit at a time. These famous end of year quotes share things to do and ways to make 2023 even better than the last.
39. “For eleven months and maybe about twenty days each year, we concentrate upon the shortcomings of others, but for a few days at the turn of New Year we look at our own. It is a good habit.” – Arthur H. Sulzberger
40. “May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” – Neil Gaiman
“Rather than saying, good luck and good fortune to you this New Year, let me say work hard, laugh often, continue to learn, be kind, help others, pray for wisdom and then good fortune will see you this coming year.” – Robert Rivers
42. “In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want.” – Traditional Irish Toast
43. “This year believe that anything is possible. Start each day with goals. Eat more real food. Buy good books and make time to read them. Drink water. Exercise daily even when it sounds like a terrible idea. Shop for quality not quantity. Purge the unnecessary and decrease clutter. Hug the ones you love. Find the best in others. Show others the best in you.” – Unknown
New Year, New Adventures Quotes
What unique new year’s resolution will you set? What will you check off your bucket list? The end of the year means a new year filled with adventure is here. New places to explore, new skills to learn, the new potential to unlock! The sky is the limit for you if you set out on and explore. This collection of inspirational new year’s quotes encourages you to get up off that couch and truly live!
“As the new year begins let it be a year where you try new things, learn new things and develop to the potential within you.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
45. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
44. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
47. “A year of ending and beginning, a year of loss and finding…and all of you were with me through the storm. I drink your health, your wealth, your fortune for long years to come, and I hope for many more days in which we can gather like this.” – C.J. Cherryh
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 40 Inspirational New Year's Resolution Quotes
Be Your Best Self in the New Year
Who are you and who have you always wanted to be? The end of the year is a chance for you to be a better person than you were. To do better, to treat others and yourself better, to care more, to try harder – whatever it is you aspire to be! These motivational end of year quotes and sayings inspire you to be the best version of yourself. Don’t just live your best life in 2023, be your best self too!
48. “This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest, to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!” – William Arthur Ward
49. “New Year = A New Life! Decide today who you will become, what you will give how you will live.” – Anthony Robbins
50. “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better person.” – Benjamin Franklin*
“As this New Year approaches find inspiration around you, and motivation within you, to be all that you can be.” – Kate Summers
52. “On this New Year, be someone you yourself can admire.” – Pearl Aman
Take the Quiz – What Should My New Year’s Resolution Be?
Ready to make the most of the end of the year and choose an inspired New Year’s Resolution?
Take the New Year’s Resolution Quiz and discover what area of your life you should focus on. Plus, get personalized resolution ideas just for you.
Are you ready to say goodbye to 2022 and hello to a brand new year?
May your new year be bright and blessed with health and happiness!
The end of 2022 is here, it's almost time to celebrate the New Year! Here are 52 Inspirational End of Year Quotes for a Happy New Year! #NewYears #NewYears2023 #HappyNewYear #Quotes
What’s your favorite inspirational end of year quotes?
Last Updated on November 26, 2022
Take the New Year's Quiz!
+ get weekly tips to help you slay your goals.