What are famous quotes about goals and achieving them?
Where does one begin when talking about goals and goal setting?
At its very heart, goal setting can be defined as the practice of selecting something (an objective or an outcome) you’d like to achieve.
On the other hand, successful goal setting (or goal slaying as I like to call it) take’s it farther and requires planning, taking action, being strategic and whatever else it takes to achieve said goal.
Table of Contents:
We’ve all heard about goals, maybe you were introduced to setting SMART Goals in College, or perhaps you’ve done goal setting exercises at work.
Maybe you love setting goals for everything from your passion projects to your free time, or perhaps goal setting is the farther things from your mind. Could this be the year you set goals to escape your 9 to 5? Or start a blog or business?
Either way, goal setting is a powerful practice that can help you change your life and realize your dreams – whatever they may be (and even if you’re not sure just yet what they are).
To inspire you to set goals in your life or business, I’ve curated the very best quotes about goals, goal setting and why they’re important. Here are 41 motivational goal setting quotes and saying that encourage you to not just set goals, but to seriously strive to reach them.
Introduction to Goal Setting Quotes
What’s the definition of goal setting? What are goals exactly? And more so, why is personal goal setting important for our lives? Setting goals is a crucial part of your personal development and growth as a person. This collection of motivational goal setting quotes reveal why a life without goals is not only unfulfilling but also directionless. If you want to live your best life, start by setting goals!
“Goals give us purpose, which, in turn, motivates us to make ourselves the best version in all aspects of your life.” – Hannah Bronfman
2. “Goals determine what you’re going to be.” – Julius Erving
3. “Goals help you channel your energy into action.” – Les Brown
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 19 Powerful Quotes that Motivate You to Start
4. “Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.” – Les Brown
5. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.” – Brian Tracy
6. “Goals give you a compass in order to direct your path through life. Goals focus your thoughts and actions on areas that have precise purpose and meaning.” – Catherine Pulsifer
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
8. “Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “Goals transform a random walk into a chase.” – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
You Have to Set Goals for Yourself Quotes
The very first rule of goal setting is to set goals for yourself! Goal setting is all about you, your life, your dreams, your hopes, and your plans! You can’t set goals and achieve them when you’re living someone else’s expectations. This selection of motivational goal setting quotes and sayings encourages us to set goals that we want to set, for ourselves. And remember, you’re the one who will have to do the work to achieve your goals (no one else can do this for you).
10. “I think it’s very important to do things the way you want to do them and be true to yourself, your own goals, and your own ideals.” – Elisabeth Moss
If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” – Les Brown
12. “Anyone can be remarkable if they have something truly remarkable to do. Set remarkable goals for yourself and get to work on achieving them. Then, watch in amazement as you become remarkable.” – Marelisa Fábrega
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 39 Amazing Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
13. “Do what’s best for you, and do it to the best of your ability – go after your goals like nobody’s business.” – Michael Oher
14. “I’m competitive with myself, but not with other people. I set goals for myself. I don’t really care about winning or losing as long as I do my best.” – Lucas Grabeel
“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
16. “You have to be the one setting your own goals, trying to achieve those goals.” – Johnny Bench
Choosing the Right Goals to Set Quotes
I know what you’re thinking, what should my goal be? What types of goals should I be setting for myself? Should I be setting personal or career goals? Know this, there’s no right or wrong goal you can set for yourself, but rather it’s about what that goal means for you that matters. Also, make sure your goals are crystal clear and specific. The following motivational goal setting quotes are here to inspire you to set meaningful goals.
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
18. “Goals must never be from your ego, but problems that cry for a solution.” – Robert H. Schuller
19. “Some goals are not going to fulfill you. Choose goals that you value and care about.” – Henry Cloud
“Establishing goals is all right if you don’t let them deprive you of interesting detours.” – Doug Larson
21. “Life’s a balancing act. You have multiple roles and goals, and you can do it all – just not all at once.” – Denise Morrison
22. “Vague goals produce vague results.” – Jack Canfield
23. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
Quotes about Setting Goals Too Low
By now, you hopefully have a goal in mind, the question is, is your goal too small? Sure, you want to be realistic by setting achievable goals, but your goal should also stretch you. So how big or small should your goals be? Read on to find out with this set of motivational goal setting quotes that encourage us to push ourselves, to reach for our biggest dreams!
24. “Set a goal to achieve something so big, so exhilarating that it excites you and scares you at the same time.” – Bob Proctor
25. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
“You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.” – Steve Garvey
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 45 Uplifting Quotes for When You Feel Like Giving Up
27. “Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.” – David Joseph Schwartz
28. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
“You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
30. “Your goal should be just out of reach, but not out of sight.” – Denis Waitley
Set Goals by Writing Them Down Quotes
Want to know the #1 secret to goal setting? It’s such a simple, yet incredibly powerful goal setting technique. Writing your goals down on paper has been proven to help you achieve them. But, I wouldn’t stop there, be sure to also create a step-by-step plan for reaching your goals too. The following goals quotes and sayings reveal why writing your goals and creating a plan for each day is so important to success. Get your goals planner and get started today!
“The most valuable advice I can give is plan for your success. Write down your ideal goal, creating checkpoints for yourself along the way that align with the end goal. Set up rewards for achieving both little victories and big ones.” – Hilary Knight
32. “Most impossible goals can be met simply by breaking them down into bite-size chunks, writing them down, believing them and going full speed ahead as if they were routine.” – Don Lancaster
33. “Write your goals down in detail and read your list of goals every day. Some goals may entail a list of shorter goals. Losing a lot of weight, for example, should include mini-goals, such as 10-pound milestones. This will keep your subconscious mind focused on what you want step by step.” – Jack Canfield
34. “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.” – Brian Tracy
35. “It is not enough to take steps which may someday lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Quotes about Setting Goals and Achieving Them
Goal setting is just the beginning! Don’t just set goals, but work towards actually achieving your dreams and goals. Get started, take action, and don’t give up. When you set goals you allow yourself to be inspired to push for more. This final selection of motivational goal setting quotes reveals the truth about setting goals and achieving them. Get motivated to live your best life!
“Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” – Tom Landry
37. “To sit on an idea or fail to act on a goal is not really goal-setting, but wishful thinking.” – Les Brown
38. “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
39. “To unlock and unleash your full potential, you should make a habit of daily goal setting and achieving for the rest of your life.” – Brian Tracy
“Goal-setting is also a vital element of motivation. Clear goals will help you muster motivation for whatever your task at hand is.” – Joanna Jast
41. “Goals. There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.” – Jim Rohn
Inspirational Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Feeling inspired and ready to start setting goals for your life? These beautifully designed printable wall art quotes are perfect for your office, bedroom or wherever you need the reminder to live an inspired life. Each design features brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed and posted.
That’s your introduction to goal setting curiosity of famous quotes about goals. Don’t just read these quotes and feel motivated, be moved to get started on that best life of yours.
Follow the advice of these timeless goal setters and avoid to top goal setting mistakes.
Take your goal setting even farther still by doing whatever it takes to achieve your goal this year.
Set goals that are achievable, and set out to achieve them.Want to set goals, but stuck on getting started? Here are 41 Motivational Goal Setting Quotes and Sayings to get you in the mood. #GoalSetting #Goals #2021Goals #Quotes
What’s your favorite motivational goal setting quote?
Last Updated on July 11, 2021
Get Your Printable Quotes
+ get weekly tips to help you slay your goals.