Looking for the perfect inspirational Father’s Day quotes from daughters?
What can I say about my father that you yourself don’t already feel?
From my expeirence, our relationships with our fathers are a bit more complicated, especially as we grow up and choose our own path in life.
No matter how close you are or far from your dad this Father’s Day, I do hope you reach out and wish him well.
As we age and grow older, as well as wise, we start to understand our Father’s more.
Table of Contents:
Maybe it’s because I’m planning a milestone birthday party with my siblings for our dad, and I’m going through decades of photos, but I’m really into the Father’s Day of it all.
Which is a miracle in and of itself, considering there were years we didn’t speak. We still don’t agree or maybe even have the same view of our history, but all that aside he’s still my dad. Without him, I would not exist nor be the person I am today.
We can be hard on our dads more so than our moms, wishing and wanting him to be who we expect but there is joy in acceptance. For who he is, and his own story and journey to being your father.
Dads deserve admiration, love, being cherished, and made welcome and relevant especially as they age. Dating back to 1910, Father’s Day presents an opportunity to all we lost boys and girls. To every child who may have drifted away from their father – drift back!
To celebrate all the pops, papas, dads, fathers and even the grand or the greats in your life, here are 39 inspirational Happy Father’s Day quotes. May they open your heart to your father and all the father figures in your life. To remember them, and let them know that you are there for them and appreciate them.
Inspirational He’s a Good Father Quotes
What makes a good father? Is he a provider who is present? Or is there more to being a dad than that. This collection of inspirational Happy Father’s Day quotes helps us recognized the good fathers all around us. And to embrace and celebrate them as the blessings they are.
“A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” ― Billy Graham
2. “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him—or leave him for your own home—it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” ― Margaret Truman
3. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” ― Anne Geddes
4. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” ― Barack Obama
5. “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” ― Anne Sexton
“Dad when I count my blessing, I count you twice.” ― An Irish blessing
Our Fathers Set an Example for Us Quotes
What did your father teach you? For good, or for worse, would you be who you are without him? It’s not in the lectures or even the moments of discipline fathers are known for but in the quiet moments of everyday life. This selection of Happy Father’s Day Quotes from children reminds us all that our fathers have taught us over the years.
“A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be.” ― Carol Coats
8. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” ― Umberto Eco
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Happy Mother's Day Quotes
9. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” ― Clarence Budington Kelland
10. “There is no teacher equal to mother and there’s nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father.” ― Amit Ray
Father’s Day Quotes about Being a Hero
Do you remember when you were little and he was your hero? There’s a time when a father is superhuman in their daughter and sons eyes. This collection of inspirational Father’s Day quotes reminds us that our dads are still our heroes and our protectors, no matter how big we get.
“He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” ― Tom Wolfe
12. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” ― Sigmund Freud
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Confidence Boosting Quotes
13. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” ― Tim Russert
“Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” ― Pam Brown
15. “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” ― Unknown
Meaningful Quotes about a Father’s Love
Is there anything like a father’s love? Like the admiration of a proud father? This selection of Inspirational Father’s Day quotes from daughters and sons tug at our heartstrings. When shopping for the perfect Father’s Gift remember how much he loves you, even if he’s not known for showing it.
“Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.” ― George Strait
17. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” ― Antoine Francois Prevost
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
18. “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day” ― Susan Gale
19. “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every day.” ― Mike Myers
Happy Father’s Day Quotes from Daughter
Were you daddy’s little girl? As we grow sometimes we drift apart, but at the core of it, daughters will always hold a special place in their father’s hearts. This collection of the best Father’s day Quotes are all about the relationship between a father and his daughter.
“A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” ― Gregory E. Lang
21. “On behalf of every man looking out for every girl, you are the God and the weight of her world.” ― John Mayer
22. “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ― Gloria Naylor
“I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.” ― Paul Walker
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Best Self-Love Quotes and Sayings
24. “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” ― Fanny Fern
“A girl’s first true love is her father.” ― Marisol Santiago
26. “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” ― Euripides
27. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” ― Michael Ratnadeepak
Inspirational Father’s Day Quotes from Son
Aren’t sons just versions of their fathers? Words cannot describe the bond between a father and his son. The emotion and pride when a father introduces “his son.” This selection of Happy Father’s Day quotes provides the perfect message from a son to his father, or to a first-time dad.
“Lookin’ back all I can say about all the things he did for me is I hope I’m at least half the dad that he didn’t have to be.” ― Brad Paisley
29. “I only hope when I have my own family that everyday I see a little more of my father in me.” ― Keith Urban
30. “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” ― Dave Atell
👉🏽 RELATED POST: What's Your Superpower?
31. “It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” ― Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
32. “Until you have a son of your own… you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son.” ― Kent Nerburn
“Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to.” ― Wayne Rooney
34. “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” ― Unknown
Best Quotes about Father’s Being There for You
Where do you run when you’re in trouble? Who has your back no matter what? That’s what father’s do, they’re there for you to love and support you. This final collection of inspirational father’s day quotes from daughters and sons reminds us of all the times our dad was there. There to encourage, motivate and inspire us to be our best selves.
“When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” ― Linda Poindexter
36. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” ― Emile Gaboriau
37. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’” ― Michael Jordan
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” ― Jim Valvano
39. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” ― Reed Markham
Inspirational Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Ready to be encouraged to pursue your dreams and live your best life?
Get your FREE printable black and white quotes that are perfect for your home, office, bedroom, or wherever you need to find inspiration daily. Each design is black and white and features brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed and posted.
No matter how easy or complicated your relationship is with your father, I wish you a happy Father’s Day!
And remember, it’s not just for your biological father, take this day as a chance to celebrate any and all of the amazing “father figures” in your life. From your favorite teachers, and mentors to uncles and big brothers.
They made you who you are, for good or for bad, and they played a role in shaping you.
Happy Father's Day! Celebrate your dad with these inspirational Happy Father's Day quotes. Click here for the perfect words from a daughter or a son. #FathersDay #FathersDayGiftGuide #Quotes
What’s your favorite inspirational Father’s Day quote?
Last Updated on May 20, 2022
Get Your Printable Quotes
+ get weekly tips to help you slay your goals.