Looking for the best Galentine’s quotes to celebrate your best gal friend?
Happy Galentine's! Ask your best friend to be your Valentine with these 38 Happy Valentine Day Quotes for Friends. #ValentinesDay #BestFriendsOnly #Galentines #GalentinesDay #FriendshipClick To Tweet
Who’s your bestie? Have you known them since the first grade or maybe college? Do you talk every day or have weekly catch-ups? Maybe right now you’re both off doing your own thing, as you travel or maybe they have a new family, but at the end of the day, you’ll always be each other’s, go-to person.
As best friends Meredith Grey or Christina Yang on Grey’s Anatomy would say, “You are my person.”
Are you celebrating Galentine’s Day together on February 13th?
Or okay, grab the tissues for this one, maybe right now you don’t have a person and you’re feeling isolated and alone in this. Let me remind you that best friend are forever!
Which means, no matter how many days, weeks, months or years pass between you, if you’re real friends, that bond doesn’t snap, it just stretches.
How did you bond with your bestie? And like all good friendships these days cheap booze is often involved. Was it over good take out, chatting about a boy or maybe over that band you both love so much. Perhaps sharing secrets and opening up brought you together, as Eleven would say, “Friends don’t lie.”
You might be wondering why we’re even talking about best friends instead of lovers, partners, husbands, and wives, on Valentine’s Day. Well for most of us, the possibly unlucky but in my book the truly lucky ones, our heart isn’t marked by romantic love, but by our undying love for our best friends. Sure some of us are blessed to have both. (Tell me how!)
Michelle Williams said it beautifully about her best friend Busy Phillips. “I’m so in love with her… She’s proof that the love of your life does not have to be a man! That’s the love of my life right there.” Your best friend can be the love of your life aka your valentine!
If you find yourself single on Valentine’s Day, don’t be down on yourself, be embrace the love you do have – your self-love and for your best friend. And hey, let’s not forget our families too, they may drive us crazy but it’s all love.
Here are 38 short and cute Valentines Day quotes and sayings for your best friend. Because, why just say “Be My Valentine,” when these quotes are so much better.
A True Friend Is Hard to Find for Valentines Day Quotes
Is there anything rarer or truer than a best friend? People enter and leave our lives, boyfriends and girlfriends come and go, but true friends are a beautiful, rare and indescribable connection that outlasts them all. This collection of Happy Valentine’s Day quotes for friends is all about true friendship. Scribble any of these short sayings in a Valentine’s Day card for your best friend.
“Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” — Jean de La Fontaine
2. “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” ― C.J. Langenhoven
3. “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Feminist Quotes for Badass Women
4. “When friendships are real, they are not glass threads or frost work, but the solidest things we can know.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
6. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” ― S.E. Hinton
Short Valentine’s Day Sayings that Define Friendship
What a treat it is to have a friend! A friend is like having chocolates or roses for Valentine’s Day, only every day, so even better. Hello low-calorie love! This selection of Valentine’s Day quotes for friend illustrates what friends really are. They are the family that you choose, a kindred-soul, a connection throughout your life. Don’t forget to get your soulmate aka best friend the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
7. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes for Singles on Valentine's Day
8. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” ― Aristotle
“Friends are the family you choose” — Jess C. Scott
10. “The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families.” ― Jay McInerney
You Can Be Yourself Valentines Day Quotes for Friends
There is nothing better than knowing no matter how insane you are, irrational, or intense your real friends will love and accept you? They can truly see you and they’ll love you no matter how far off the deep end you go. No thought or action can shake their love for you. This collection of Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes about friends cherishes the authentic and transparent beauty of friendship. You can be who you are, really deep down, around your friends. And if you can’t, they’re not your friend.
12. “A true best friend loves you even when it seems like you’ve gone off the deep end.” ― Liz Fenton
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Make New Friends
13. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” — Laurence J. Peter
14. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” — William Shakespeare.
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” ― Jim Morrison
16. “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
17. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” — Elbert Hubbard
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 26 Inspiring Self-Love Quotes
Cute Valentines Day Quotes about Loving Your Friend
A true best friend is ALWAYS available, any time of day, any place! They show up and they do their best. Show your friend you love them this Valentine’s Day by making time to just be there! This collection of Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes encourages you to give a true gift to your best friend, your time and your attention. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t get your best friend a Valentine’s Day gift, just show them too.
18. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” — Jane Austen
“The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.” — Barbara Kingsolver
20. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
Best Friends Make Everything Better Valentine’s Day Quotes
Let’s be honest for a second, life can be lonely and difficult at times. Life is hard! It’s a challenge to stay positive no matter what, to have the confidence or to even be motivated. Ugh! Enter your best friend aka your Valentine Superhero, sweeping in to hold your hand and make things better. This selection of Happy Valentine’s Day to your best friend quotes is perfect for anyone who has helped you in a time of need. We all need a friend when life is dark and scary.
22. “A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.” ― Shannon L. Alder
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 50 Quotes About Being Criticized
23. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
25. “If you have good friends, no matter how much life is sucking, they can make you laugh.” ― P.C. Cast
“Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” ― Sarah Dessen
27. “I get by with a little help from my friends.“— The Beatles
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Long Lost Friends
We’ve all had friendships that have grown apart or gone from bloom to gloom almost overnight. The reality of friendships is that sometimes a friend is just for a season, but best friends are for life. No matter the distance, separation or changes your bond will NEVER break. This collection of Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes for friends celebrates the unbreakable bond of true, best friends. With best friends, no matter how long since you last spoke, it’s always like no time has passed.
28. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” ― Dean Koontz
29. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” — Ally Condie
30. “Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.” ― Tennessee Williams
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 8 Reasons Why an Entourage Can Help You
31. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elizabeth Foley
“Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.” — Washington Irving
33. “Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” ― William Shakespeare
Friends are Better than Lovers Valentine’s Day Quotes
You’ve surely heard it before, “sisters before misters,” or some version of it. ANy good friend knows that friendship beats romantic love anytime. Unless you fall for your best friend then all bets are off. But regardless, broken hearts are sure to come, but there is nothing more soothing to your soul than your best friend. This selection of Valentine’s Day Quotes for friends is dedicated to life after a heartbreak and the saving role of friends in recovery. Heartbroken, no problem, you’ve got a best friend to help you through.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How To Embrace Being Single on Valentine’s Day
34. “Friendship is really the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.” — Jane Austen
35. “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” — Steve Maraboli
36. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” — Elie Wiesel
“Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
38. “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” — Henry Van Dyke
Printable Self-Love Quotes
Valentine’s Day can be a celebration of any love! We sometimes forget that we deserve the same love and affection we give so easily to others.
I’ve created 10 printable self-love quotes that are ready to print and post. This download comes with high-resolution, graphic quotes that are ready to print and post in your home or office.
Sometimes I wonder as an entrepreneur if I’m a bad friend.
But I have to believe that your true friends will always support you and still love you when all you can talk about is your blog or your business, how you’re doing on Pinterest or Instagram or even your seemingly insane plans to being profitable.
God bless them for their patience when we’re overwhelmed and burnt out, and for all the times we work way harder than we should instead of just hanging out with them. I am even more grateful for the friends I can hustle side-by-side with. For the Best Blogger and Biz Besties, I’ve made over the last few years.
Whether they get your hustle or not, your Valentine of a best friend would love to know how you’re doing, how they can support you and be part of your journey.
Don’t forget to share your moments with them, and to give yourself some tender loving self-love too.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you, boo!
Which Valentine’s Day quote are you sending your friend?