What are some being thankful quotes for life, friends, and family?
Looking for grateful and thankful quotes and sayings for Thanksgiving?
With November’s arrival and Thanksgiving fast approaching, one phrase stands out more than any other: being thankful.
Thankfulness is a state of being and action all in one. It’s not only feeling gratitude for life, what you have, and those around you like friends and family, but to showing and that appreciation with others.
When we are truly thankful whether to god, those in our lives, or whomever, we vibrate and live in a higher consciousness of gratitude.
How you see your life, your situation, or your circumstances changes when you put on an attitude of gratitude. What you lack becomes what you have, and you can genuinely find satisfaction, fulfillment, and enjoyment fully in that.
In that place of “being thankful,” you align yourself with blessings and open up your life to abundance. More always comes from a place of being open-hearted and open-handed, sharing and showing through action how grateful you really are.
So, let these 129 being thankful for life quotes and sayings help you live a gratitude-filled life. They’re perfect for Remember, thankfulness is not only for Thanksgiving, it’s for every day of your life.
The Power of Being Thankful
Why should we be more thankful for what we have? This first collection of being thankful quotes explores the power of gratitude. How by doing so you activate the law of attraction and invite abundance into your life.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” — Eckhart Tolle
3. “Be happy with who you are and what you do, and you can do anything you want.” — Steve Maraboli
“A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.” — Plato
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Appreciation Quotes for Teachers
5. “An appreciation of what you have brings the ultimate abundance in your life.” — Debasish Mridha
“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” — Tony Robbins
7. “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” — William Blake
Count Your Blessings Quotes
Are you truly thankful? The following being thankful quotes are all about the power of counting your blessings. How by doing so you activate the law of attraction and invite abundance into your life.
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
9. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” — Gerald Good
10. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” — Germany Kent
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Practice Gratitude
11. “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” — Neal A. Maxwell
“The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.” — William Penn
13. “Count your blessings. A grateful heart attracts more joy, love and prosperity.” — Cheryl Richardson
14. “Be grateful in your own hearts. That suffices. Thanksgiving has wings, and flies to its right destination.” — Victor Hugo
Be Thankful For the Small Things
Do you appreciate the small miracles in your life? The next selection of inspirational being thankful quotes and sayings describe the small things in life we should appreciate, celebrate and cherish. Find one thing you can truly be thankful for today in your life. Close your eyes and feel the gratitude spread from your mind to your heart, and then into your life.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 500 Things to Be Grateful For
15. “Who does not thank for little will not thank for much.” — Estonian Proverb
“16. He enjoys much who is thankful for little.” — Thomas Secker
“Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views.” — Nyki Mack
18. “Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.” ― Richie Norton
“If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank A. Clark
20. “Never take anything for granted.” — Benjamin Disraeli
21. “We don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.” — Carlos Castaneda
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
23. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
Being Thankful for the Struggle Sayings
Have you ever stopped to be thankful for where you’re not? The following collection of being thankful quotes and sayings are dedicated to the struggle. They are for your past, and for the paths fate saved you from. Imagine where you’ve been or could be now, but you’re not. Give thanks.
“I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.” — Habeeb Akande
25. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
“I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I’ve learned.” — Enrique Iglesias
27. “If you can’t be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.” — Unknown
28. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” — Epicurus
Always Be Thankful Quotes
Do you live a gratitude-filled life, or just for Thanksgiving? Let this selection of being thankful quotes encourage you to live each and every day with gratitude. To always be thankful for what you have, no matter what you have.
“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” — Maya Angelou
30. “Let all your thinks be thanks.” — W.H. Auden
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Gratitude Quotes for a Happy Thanksgiving
31. “I’m thankful for every moment.” — Al Green
“Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” — Roy T. Bennett
33. “Be thankful for the moments, the things you have, and the life you live.” — Wazim Shaw
34. “There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.” — Unknown
35. “People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.” — Richard Carlson
“I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved.” — Reba McEntire
Look At The Bright Side Sayings
Are you a glass half full, or half empty type person? These being thankful for life quotes and sayings are all about finding the bright side of everything. Be positive no matter what happens, no matter how bad, find a way to see the light.
37. “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” — Alphonse Karr
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Manifest Gratitude
38. “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.” — Bethany Hamilton
“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” — Shauna Niequist
40. “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” — Anonymous
41. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” — Albert Barnes
“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” — Brian Tracy
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Stop Negative Self-Talk
43. “Whatever life throws at me I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well.” — Tom Felton
Gratitude Is Quotes and Sayings
What does it mean to be grateful? The next collection of inspirational hello November quotes that share about family and friends. Nothing says November like family and friends.
44. “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” — Aesop
45. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
“Always have an attitude of gratitude.” — Sterling K. Brown
46. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” — Jacques Maritain
47. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” — G.K. Chesterton
“Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” — Henry Ward Beecher
49. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational Quotes About Staying Calm
50. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward
“I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” — Will Arnett
Don’t Complain, Be Grateful Quotes
Are you quick to complain and criticize? Stop it! This selection of being thankful quotes exposes the danger of negative thinking. When you complain you cut off your blessings.
52. “The trick is to be grateful when your mood is high and graceful when it is low.” — Richard Carlson
“Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining — it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems.” — Zig Ziglar
54. “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” — H.A. Ironside
55. “Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone… just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Responding to Criticism Quotes
56. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” — Kristin Armstrong
“Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” — Doris Day
58. “Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little and are thankful for the little things in life.” — Unknown
Being Grateful Makes You Happy Quotes
Do you wish you had the secret to happiness? The following collection of being thankful quotes and sayings share the truth about joy. You can unlock yours anytime, anywhere by just being grateful.
“Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” — Jefferson Bethke
60. “Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude.” — Joseph Wood Krutch
61. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” — Cicero
“There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.” — Joyce Meyer
63. “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” — Bruce Wilkinson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Always Be Happy
64. “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” — David Steinall-Rast
“The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” — Douglas Wood
66. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” — Brene Brown
67. “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed at the same moment.” — Naomi Williams
“You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got.” — Viki King
69. “You will never be truly happy until you are grateful for what you already have.” — Jayce O’Neal
“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
71. “The way to happiness is to stay happy where you are.” ― Hiral Nagda
Being Grateful Makes You Happy Quotes
When was the last time you showed your appreciation for someone else? These being thankful quotes are all about the importance of saying thank you. So, next time you feel it, say it, share it, and spread the gratitude. These free printable thank you quotes are perfect for that.
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” — William Arthur Ward
73. “Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.” — Gertrude Stein
74. “Don’t let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone.” — Stephen King
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Appreciation Quotes for Doctors
75. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
76. “None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone’s help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you.” — Harvey Mackay
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Thank You Quotes for Nurses
78. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” — Unknown
79. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
Give and Share Your Gratitude Quotes
If you’re thankful for something or someone, raise your hand! I see you. The following set of being thankful quotes are dedicated to all the people we feel appreciation for. Gratitude isn’t to be held or hidden, it’s to be shared with others. So let’s start sharing it!
“For it is in giving that we receive.” — Francis of Assisi
81. “Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect.” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau
“Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.” — Unknown
83. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
84. “The hand that gives is superior to the hands that receive. Be grateful for all you have as others pray for what you already have.” — Malika E. Nura
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Why Is Gratitude Important?
85. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” — W. Clement Stone
86. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” — John F. Kenned
87. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” — W. T. Purkiser
Be Kind To Others Quotes
Are you a kind person to others? This selection of being thankful quotes reminds us that kindness is a gift we should share. That we should see others and treat them with respect. Kindness is a vehicle to passing along your gratitude.
“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy T. Bennett
89. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” — Steve Maraboli
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” — Mother Teresa
91. “One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay ‘in kind’ somewhere else in life.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
92. “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” — Amy Carmichael
“When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect towards others.” — Dalai Lama
94. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” — William Faulkner
Being Thankful for Life Quotes
Are you happy to be alive? I sure hope so. This selection of being thankful quotes and sayings is all about feeling appreciation for life itself. For the air in your lungs, and the ground beneath your feet. Take a moment to be present and to be thankful.
“I am grateful for the grace of existence.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
96. “I’m thankful to be breathing, on this side of the grass. Whatever comes, comes.” — Ron Perlman
97. “Life is a web of intersections and choices. Your 1st choice is to recognize an intersection. Your 2nd choice is to be grateful for it.” — Ryan Lilly
“For one minute, walk outside, stand there, in silence. Look up at the sky and contemplate how amazing life is.” — Anonymous
99. “I wake up every day with great appreciation for life and appreciation to play this game.” — Will Grier
100. “The best way to appreciate life is to be grateful.” — Wisdom Kwashie Mensah
101. “Understand your worth. Value your life. Appreciate your blessings.” — Anonymous
“I am thankful to God everyday for the Gift of Life because even if I were the richest in the world, I still wouldn’t afford to buy Life.” — Gift Gugu Mona
Being Thankful For Your Past Pains Quotes
Do you have a tough past? Have you been through it? These being thankful quotes and sayings are all about the struggle, the stress, and the strains you face in life. It isn’t always easy, but be thankful anyways.
103. “If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive.” — Elbert Hubbard
“I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” — Anonymous
105. “I am even thankful for the negative things that have made me a stronger and better person.” — Joanna Krupa
“Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.” — Jim Lovell
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Grateful In Hard Times
107.” Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“I think one of life’s great milestones is when a person can look back and be almost as thankful for the setbacks as for the victories.” — Bob Dole
109. “I’m thankful because all the hard work and sacrifices were worth it in the end.” — WizKid
110. “Don’t brood over your misfortunes; be thankful for what you still have.” — Latika Teotia
111. “Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
112. “You ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!” — Dr. Seuss
Thankful Quotes to God
Who do you express your gratitude towards? Or thank for your life? This collection of being thankful quotes is all about being grateful to the creator, to god, or whomever you believe in or pray to. Whether you’re religious or spiritual, these quotes are powerful reminders.
113. “O Lord that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.” — William Shakespeare
“There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.” — Hellen Keller
115. “Thanksgiving is a special virtue. But ingratitude is opposed to Thanksgiving. Therefore ingratitude is a special sin.” — Thomas Aquinas
116. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” — Henry Ward Beecher
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Happy Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends and Family
117. “Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say.” — Alice Walker
“A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.” — Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
119. “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘Thank you,’ that would suffice.” — Meister Eckhart
120. “No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.”— James Allen
“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” — Alan Cohen
122. “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, And thanks, and ever thanks.” — William Shakespeare
Being Thankful in the Day and Night Quotes
When do you practice gratitude? This final collection of being thankful quotes and sayings are the perfect illustrations of how to live a life filled with gratitude. Be grateful when you wake up, show appreciation throughout your day, and go to bed thankful as well.
“When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” —Tecumseh
124. “Every morning, I wake up and think about 10 different things I’m thankful for, and I continue to spread that love throughout the day, always visualizing, meditating, and growing.” — Shameik Moore
“Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect.” — Victoria Osteen
126. “Every day, set your mind in the right direction. Find something to be grateful for.” — Joel Osteen
127. “Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
128. “Rest and be thankful.” — William Wordsworth
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little.” — Gautama Buddha
Free 30-Day Gratitude Journal
Ready to practice being thankful every day? Get your FREE Printable Gratitude Journal, with 30 days of self-reflection prompts to help you to be more grateful.
Being thankful is about more than saying thank you or celebrating Thanksgiving, it’s a way of life.
Thankfulness is a lifestyle choice, it’s a perspective and it’s a powerful means of change, in you and your life.
Take a moment each day to appreciate all you have, all you have experienced, the good and the bad. Use that protection to keep your mind from slipping into complaint and criticism. Stay higher up on the gratitude vibe.
Here’s to just being thankful for life and living a life filled with gratitude.Want some grateful quotes and thankful words? Click here for 129 being thankful quotes and sayings to inspire gratitude in your life. You are blessed, be thankful! #Gratitude #Thanksgiving #Thankful #Grateful #GiveThanks
What being thankful quotes and sayings inspire you?
Last Updated on November 3, 2021