Looking for happy back to school quotes for the first day back?
What are some good quotes for school that are motivational for students?
Time flies when you’re having fun on summer vacation for what seems like the first time. It feels like just yesterday we were saying hello to summer and sunshine, beach days, and road trips.
Somehow it just doesn’t seem fair to trade in sunglasses for reading glasses. But perhaps that’s what makes summertime so special, that’s just a few months of freedom.
To help you get in the mood for school, here are 100 happy back to school quotes for the first day of school. They’re motivational going back to school quotes for kids in kindergarten, teenagers in high school, parents and teachers alike.
These quotes are perfect for wishing a student of any age a wonderful school year. Why not share them?
Back to School After Summer Vacation Quotes
How did you spend your summer vacation? Are you missing the freedom from school already? This first collection of happy back to school quotes are all about the return to the classroom. Are you ready to get back to school?
1. “Labor Day is a glorious holiday because your child will be going back to school the next day. It would have been called Independence Day, but that name was already taken.” — Bill Dodds
2. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” — Winifred C. Marshal
“In many ways, September feels like the busiest time of the year: The kids go back to school, work piles up after the summer’s dog days, and Thanksgiving is suddenly upon us.” — Brene Brown
4. “Holidays are enticing only for the first week or so. After that, it is no longer such a novelty to rise late and have little to do.” — Margaret Laurence
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Have a Staycation
5. “It’s one of my favorite seasons of the year: Back to School. As a kid, I loved fresh school supplies, new outfits, the change of seasons, and the chance to crack open a new textbook.” — Dana Perino
“This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” — Taylor Swift
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes about Change in Life and Moving On
8. “A new school year means new beginnings, new adventures, new friendships, and new challenges. The slate is clean and anything can happen.” — Denise Witmer
First Day of School Quotes
Ready for the first day back in the classroom? Are you returning back to school? The following motivational back to school quotes are all about the emotion of school starting. The nervousness and fear of kids and their parents, especially those starting kindergarten.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 76 Inspirational Famous Graduation Quotes
8. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” — Harry Wong
“I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” — Jenny Han
10. “The first day of school: The day when the countdown to the last day of the school begins.” — Unknown
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 44 New Year Quotes for Friends and Family
11. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Charles Dederich
“Sending your child off to school for the first time in their life is terrifying.” — Arabella Weir
13. “You’re off to great to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” — Dr. Seuss
14. “Fall is here, hear the yell. Back to school, ring the bell. Brand new shoes, walking blues. Climb the fence, books and pens.” — The White Stripes
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 37 Inspirational Gratitude Quotes for Thanksgiving
15. “First day of school! Wake up! Come on. First day of school.” — Nemo, Finding Nemo
“The first day of school is always a fashion show. The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” — Unknown
Encouraging Back to School Quotes for Students
Looking for quotes to wish a student a good school year? Sending a child back to elementary school or high school? Here is the best happy back to school advice quotes for students of all ages. Remember to have fun and enjoy yourself. They’re perfect for a handwritten lunch bag note.
17. “Be curious, not cool” — Ken Burns
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Comfortable With Yourself
18. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” — Steve Martin
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” — Oscar Wilde
20. “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.” — Regina Brett
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 83 Happy Halloween Quotes
21. “Mean girls go far in high school. Kind women go far in LIFE.” ― Mandy Hale
22. “High school is about finding who you are, because that’s more important than trying to be someone else.” — Nick Jonas
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Yourself Around Others
23. “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.” — J. J. Watt
“Sometimes we’re all too quick to count down the days that we forget to make the days count.” — Unknown
Quotes About High School for Teenagers
Are you a parent of a teenager heading back to high school? Or feeling not that excited about returning to junior high? The following collection of back to school quotes are honest about the high school experience. It isn’t the dream life that you see in movies for everyone, and that’s okay. Even if you’re not excited, remember you’re there to learn.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Deal with Social Anxiety
25. “Don’t try hard to fit in, and certainly don’t try so hard to be different…just try hard to be you.” — Zendaya
26. “It’s like high school holds two different worlds, revolving around each other and never touching; the haves and the have-nots. I guess it’s a good thing. High school is supposed to prepare you for the real world, after all.” ― Lauren Oliver
“Most people felt lost after high school. Sometimes I felt like I’d never really been found in the first place.” ― Lish McBride
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to be Less Introverted and More Outgoing
28. “Being kind is one of the hardest thing to be in high school because you’re so terrified of being cut down yourself that you’re always on your guard. But don’t be like that. Be kind and you will be truly different. A standout. Unique and happy.” ― Wendy Wunder
29. “That’s the pathetic thing about high school. Everyone tries so hard to be something they aren’t. It’s gotten so I don’t know who I am, so how can I even try to be who I am, much less who I’m not? My problem is that I don’t even fit in with the misfits. I don’t fit anywhere.” ― Katie Alender
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Have No Friends? Read This.
30. “It was only high school after all, definitely one of the most bizarre periods in a person’s life. How anyone can come through that time well adjusted on any level is an absolute miracle.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri
“High school is what kind of grows you into the person you are. I have great memories, good and bad, some learning experiences and some that I’ll take with me the rest of my life.” – Giancarlo Stanton
Motivational Quotes About Learning for Students
Know someone who isn’t so excited about school and homework? Got a student stressed out about school work? This collection of happy back to school quotes is all about the magic of learning. A new world filled with possibilities awaits you inside each and every book.
“You learn something every day if you pay attention.” ― Ray LeBlond
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 4 Financial Tips for College Students
33. “There’s more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island.” ― Walt Disney
“Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible.” ― Amy Poehler
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Top 5 Smart Goals for College
35. “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later.” ― Dana Stewart Scott
“The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss
37. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
Quotes About Working Hard in School
Ready to get good grades and ace your courses? Anxious about school work and your performance? These happy back to school quotes are all about working hard for success by never giving up no matter how you do. Get up, study hard, ask for help and try again.
38. “Work hard, nap hard.” — Demi Lovato
“School means work and work means death. Let’s all go take a nap.” — Emma Shannon
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 21 Healthy Habits For Students
40. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” — Conan O’Brien
“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy—I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
42. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pelé
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Why Failure Is Good for Success
43. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” — Marvin Phillips
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein
45. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ― Robert Collier
46. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
Best Back to School Quotes About Learning
What’s your favorite subject in school? What are you most interested in learning about? The following happy back-to-school quotes are all about the joys of learning and why it’s important to be open to it. It’s a choice to learn.
47. “Learning is not compulsory… but to survive, we must learn.” — W. Edwards Deming
“The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” — Brian Herbert
👉🏽 RELATED POST: New Year's Resolutions for College Students
49. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
“You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
51. “Everything is a learning process: any time you fall over, it’s just teaching you to stand up the next time.” — Joel Edgerton
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 7 Smart Financial Goals for College Students
52. “Learning is treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” — Chinese Proverb
53. “I’m not going to school just for the academics. I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.” — Emma Watson
Quotes About Having an Open Mind in Class
Did you know that the purpose of education is to open the mind? Is your mind open to new understanding? This collection of happy back to school quotes is all about the power of learning and how it can change you forever. Having an open mind is a skill that serves you all your life, but it starts in the classroom.
54. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.” — Frank Zappa
“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” — Malcolm Forbes
56. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.” — Mortimer Adler
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Train Your Subconscious Mind
57. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” — Helen Keller
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” — Dr. Seuss
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Long Term Goals for Students
60. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.” — Martin H. Fischer
61. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” — Albert Einstein
Back to School Quotes for Teachers
Who is your favorite teacher? Has a teacher changed your life? The following happy back to school quotes is for teachers. There’s no back to school without teachers! Teachers are the foundation of the education system.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Thank You Quotes for Teachers
62. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” — Unknown
63. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
“Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” — Malala Yousafzai
👉🏽 RELATED POST: SMART Goal Ideas for Teachers
65. “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.” — Ken Robinson
66. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” — Lily Tomlin
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
68. “In elementary school, many a true word is spoken in guess.” — Henny Youngman
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Goals for School Aged Children
69. “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools.” — Unknown
“I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill
71. “Children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.” — Lady Bird Johnson
Funny Back to School Quotes for Students
What’s the funniest thing that happened to you in school? Ever burst out laughing in class? These funny back to school quotes for students are perfect for a good laugh. Enjoy your school days, real life is less hilarious.
72. “When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble.” — Mark Twain
73. “If you think your teacher is tough, wait ‘til you get a boss.” — Bill Gates
“School is the easiest job you’ll ever have.” — Marty Klazmer
75. “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school.” – Peter De Vries
76. “No wonder the teacher knows so much; she has the book.” — Edgar Watson Howe
77. “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” — Gracie Allen
“School is a lot like toilet paper. You only miss it when it’s gone.” — Unknown
79. “Respect your parents. They passed school without Google.” — Anonymous
“In school one learns to ask stupid questions of life.” — Marty Rubin
81. “You can drag my body to school but my spirit refuses to go.” — Bill Watterson
82. “You can get all A’s and still flunk life.” — Walker Percy
83. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” — Tom Bodett
Funny Back to School Quotes for Parents
Are you excited for the kids to go back to school? Looking forward to getting your days back? You’re not the only one. This collection of back to school quotes is all about the parental experience.
84. “If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.” — Edgar W. Howe
85. “Glad I am, mother, the holidays are over, when one goes back to school. Isn’t it jolly?” — Dinah Mulock Craik
“Schoolteachers are not fully appreciated by parents until it rains all day Saturday.” — Charles E. McKenzie
87. “School is where you go between when your parents can’t take you and industry can’t take you.” — John Updike
88. “Because, of course we were very happy at school really. The trouble was that we were so much happier in the holidays.” — A. A. Milne
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Happy Mother's Day Quotes
89. “A good mother is worth hundreds of schoolmasters.” — George Herbert
“There are three good reasons to be a teacher: June, July, and August.” — Unknown
Motivational Why You Should Go to School Quotes
Got a child in elementary or high school who is NOT excited about going back to school? Looking for encouraging quotes about why school is important? In this final collection of happy back to school quotes, the power of education is expressed.
91. “The road to freedom –here and everywhere on earth-– begins in the classroom.” ― Hubert Humphrey
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Should I follow my dream or be realistic?
92. “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” — John Dewey
93. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” ― Oprah Winfrey
94. “School is a building which has four walls with tomorrow inside.” ― Lon Watters
95. “Intelligence plus character—that is the true goal of education.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” ― Malcolm X
97. “Knowledge will bring you the opportunity to make a difference.” — Claire Fagin
“Education is the difference between wishing you could help other people and being able to help them.” — Russell M. Nelson
99. “Education doesn’t just make us smarter. It makes us whole.” — Jill Biden
100. “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” — Elizabeth Warren
Inspirational Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Excited about going back to school? Here are 10 beautiful printable black and white art quotes that are perfect for your office, bedroom, or wherever you need the reminder to live an inspired life. Each design features a brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed, framed, and posted.
Going back to school is always an adjustment for students, parents, and teachers. It’s best to focus on the parts you enjoy like a favorite subject or spending time with friends.
Focusing on the beauty of learning and the gift that it helps. Education is a doorway to any future you decide.
Wishing you a very happy back-to-school year, filled with new memories and life-changing moments.Excited to get back into the classroom? Click here for 100 happy back-to-school quotes that are motivational and positive quotes for students, teachers, and parents of kids in school. #BackToSchool #TeacherTwitter #SchoolReopening
What are your favorite happy back to school quotes?
Last Updated on April 10, 2022