Looking for short new year quotes that are inspirational?
Want short new year wishes for friends and family?
‘Tis the season for reaching out and connecting, with loved ones close by and friends far away. With gathering being canceled or zoomed in, you want to say something more than “Happy New Year.”
With the flood of text messages, Instagram captions, handwritten notes, and holiday cards, you want to say something special to the one you love.
Since 153 BCE, when the Romans shifted the official first day of the year to the Julien calendar, New Year’s Day has been a day of celebration. Our new year’s traditions like setting New Year’s Resolutions stretch far back thousands of years to ancient Babylon, with festivals celebrating the spring equinox.
With glasses raised, confetti, bright lights, and funny glasses, we welcome the new year and bid farewell to the old. Not just to say goodbye to 2021, but to say goodbye to old us and step into all of who we hope to be in 2022.
Whether you send on new year’s eve as the clock strikes midnight or on new year’s day, use these short new years quotes to send sweet happy new year’s wishes.
Short Inspirational New Year Quotes
What’s more exciting to you, the end of the year or the start of the next? This first collection of short new year quotes and wishes is all about the connectedness of beginnings and ends. There’s something magical, special, and wonderful about the first day of the year.
“The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” — Josiyah Martin
2. “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” — Hal Borland
3. “Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
👉🏽 RELATED POST: New Year New Beginnings Quotes
5. “I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.” — Nick Frederickson
6. “You raze the old to raise the new.” — Justina Chen
“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” — Seneca
8. “New Beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” — Auliq Ice
9. “And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” — Meister Eckhart
10. “Each age has deemed the new-born year. The fittest time for festal cheer.” — Sir Walter Scott
“Tomorrow is a new day. Begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” — Taylor Swift
New Year Quotes About Writing Your Story
Don’t you just love how the new year is filled with possibilities? The following short new year quotes and wishes encourage you to take charge and write a new story for your life. You have 365 days to turn the page, start a new adventure and live the life you’ve always wanted.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Write a New Year's Resolution
13. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” — Melody Beattie
“We are the authors of our destinies.” — Nike Campbell-Fatoki
15. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” — Alex Morritt
“A new year. A fresh, clean start! It’s like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities!” — Bill Watterson
17. “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” — Danny Kaye
18. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” — Brad Paisley
19. “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” — Hillary DePiano
20. “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” — Charles Kettering
Happy Best Year Yet Quotes
Ready to have your best year ever? The next selection of inspirational short new year quotes is all about seeing the new year as the best it could be. Focus on the positive side, see who you can become and what you can achieve waiting for you in 2022.
21. “Write in your heart that every day is the best day of the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 44 New Year Quotes for Friends
22. “The best is yet to come.” — Frank Sinatra
“You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance.” — Psalm 65:11
24. “Cheers to a gracious New Year. May we uphold the fullness of God’s grace, goodness and goodwill.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
25. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” — Anne Frank
26. “May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” — Psalm 20:4
“Celebrate what you want to see more of.” — Tom Peters
28. “When you see a new year, see realities and limit fantasies!” — Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
“Don’t ever feel like your best days are behind you. Reinvention is the purest form of hope. Make today your best yet!” — Phil Wohl
It’s Never Too Late Quotes
Is there a goal or dream you have but haven’t started? The following collection of inspirational short new year quotes reminds us that it is never too late to begin and it’s never too late to try! No matter your dreams you can go after them!
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Should I follow my dreams or be realistic?
30. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
31. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
“It’s never too late – never too late to start over, never too late to be happy.” — Jane Fonda
33. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
34. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” — Germany Kent
“You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” — Steve Harvey
36. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
37. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
“I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant some trees, and sing more joyful songs.” — William Arthur Ward
39. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
40. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” — William Shakespeare
Dreams Come True In the New Year Quotes
What dreams do you have for the new year? What wishes do you hope will come true? Let this selection of short happy new year quotes encourage you to believe in your dreams and to chase after them.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Dreams Come True Quotes
42. “Enter this New Year with a gratitude for this new chance to create your dreams.” — Avina Celeste
43. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” — Henry David Thoreau
45. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Achieving Dreams and Goals Quotes
46. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” — David McCullough Jr.
“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
48. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” — Rumi
“What you can do, or dream you can, begin it, boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” — Goethe
50. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” — Rumi
51. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln
Everyday In the New Year Is a Chance
Are you making the most of the opportunities in your life? Let these short new year quotes inspire you to see every day in the new year as a chance, to do better, to be more, and live life to its fullest.
“Every moment is a fresh beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
53. “As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.” — Criss Jami
“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
55. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes About Change In Life
56. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” — Dolly Parton
57. “It doesn’t matter where you came from, all that matters is where you are going.” — Brian Tracy
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — J.P. Morgan
59. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
61. “Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” — Ralph Blum
Leave The Past In The New Year Quotes
Do you need to move on from your past? The next collection of inspirational short new year quotes and wishes encourages you to let go of your past, to move on, into the new year. You can embrace the future! You don’t have to let past mistakes, memories, or anything negative follow you into 2022.
“You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” — Hillary DePiano
63. “The past has no power over the present moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
64. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” — Vern McLellan
“Last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.” — T.S. Eliot
66. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Prepare for a Successful New Year
67. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” — Anonymous
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” — Thomas Jefferson
69. “No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless.” — Drake
70. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” — Buddha
”There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
72. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” — Søren
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Review Your Year
73. “It is time to forget the past and celebrate a new start. Happy New Year!” — Unknown
“Let all the failures of your past year be your best guide in the New Year.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
Embrace Change In the New Year Quotes
How do you feel about changes in life? This selection of short new year quotes illustrates the beauty of change and how to embrace who you are becoming. Spread your wings and fly in the new year.
“Your time as a caterpillar has expired. Your wings are ready.” — Anonymous
76. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” — Karen Kaiser Clark
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” — Winston Churchill
78. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E.E. Cummings
79. “You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you.” — Eckhart Tolle
80. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” — Rumi
81. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” — Maya Angelou
83. “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Happy New Year New You Quotes
Ready to embrace the new you in the new year? The following collection of short new year quotes and happy wishes invites you to become a new you in 2022. To see it as your re-birthday.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Keep New Year's Resolutions
84. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” — Charles Lamb
85. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” — Benjamin Franklin
86. “Every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all of our lives.” — Steven Spielberg
87. “Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” — Emilie Coue
“Listen. I wish I could tell you it gets better. But, it doesn’t get better. You get better.” — Joan Rivers
89. “I can’t believe it’s been a year since I didn’t become a better person.” — Anonymous
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 110 Inspirational Winter Quotes
90. “This bright new year is given me. To live each day with zest. To daily grow and try to be. My highest and my best!” — William Arthur Ward
“You gotta find your best self and when you do, you gotta hold on to it for dear life.” — Cheryl Strayed
Begin In the New Year Quotes
What have you been putting off and procrastinating beginning? These short new year quotes and happy wishes remind you to just start, to put yourself out there, and begin. Stop doubting yourself and start believing that you can do it in the new year.
“You will never win if you never begin.” — Helen Rowland
93. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” — Paolo Coelho
94. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
“Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” — Frank Scully
96. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” — Plato
97. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
99. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Neale Donald Walsch
“You can’t go back and make a new start, but you can start right now and make a brand new ending.” — James R. Sherman
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 65 Meaningful Christmas Quotes
101. “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” — David Bowie
102. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
“Be the girl who decided to go for it.” — Unknown
Meet the New Year Wishes
Are you excited about the new year’s arrival? The following set of short happy new year quotes invites you to welcome the new year with joy. To be ready and willing to move into 2022.
“Approach the new year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.” — Michael Josephson
105. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.” — Anusha Atukorala
“Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
107. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
108. “With dawn of the new year on the horizon, I resolved to exert my will on the world.” — Holly Black
109. “The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change.” — Maya Angelou
110. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” — William E. Vaughn
111. “New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future.” — Munia Khan
New Year Cheers and Happy Wishes
How do you ring in the new year? What well-wishes do you celebrate with? This selection of inspirational short new year quotes is perfect for new year’s eve. Raise a glass, count down to midnight, sing with friends, the new year is almost here!
112. “Stir the eggnog. Lift the toddy. Happy New Year, everybody!” — Unknown
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
114. “One glass of champagne and I smile, two and I grin, but three I’m ever so ready to sin.” — Anastasia Miller
115. “Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.” — Mark Twain
“Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.” — Samuel Pepys
117. “Pour the Champagne and let its mousse rise, like thousands of sparkling smiling eyes.” — Jared M. Brown
“Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” — Bill Vaughan
119. “To the old, long life and treasure; to the young, all health and pleasure.” — Ben Jonson
Happy Wishes for Hope and Happiness
What do you wish for in the new year? This selection of short new year quotes and wishes share the spirit of happiness and hope. May your days be merry, may your heart be light, and may your new year be a delight.
”Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘it will be happier.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
121. “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” — Helen Keller
“Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year.” — John R. Dallas Jr.
123. “Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes next year and forever.” — Neil Gaiman
124. “This year, be structured enough for success and achievement and flexible enough for creativity and fun.” — Taylor Duvall
125. “Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming.” — Mike Dooley
“Don’t let today’s disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams.” — Unknown
127. “Remove ‘shoulds’ from your vocabulary this year. Start your journey of self-love now.” — Kelly Martin
128. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein
“You do not find the happy life. You make it.” — Camilla Eyring Kimball
Short New Year’s Resolution Quotes
Do you believe in making new year’s resolutions? This final collection of short new year quotes and wishes offers advice on what your new year’s resolution should be and if you should even set one. Whether you do or you don’t, resolutions are a timeless new year’s tradition.
130. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” — Oscar Wilde
👉🏽 RELATED POST: New Year's Resolution Quotes
131. “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions!” — Joey Adams
“He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; he who makes one is a fool.” — F.M. Knowles
133. “A year from now, you’re gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.” — Phil McGraw
134. “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Anonymous
“One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.” — John Burroughs
135. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” — Abraham Lincoln
“If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.” — Cyril Cusack
137. “Making New Year resolutions is one thing. Remaining resolute and seeing them through is quite another.” — Alex Morritt
139. “I want to make a New Year’s prayer, not a resolution. I’m praying for courage.” — Susan Sontag
140. “I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the years.” — Henry Moore
FREE Quiz – What Should Your New Year’s Resolution Be?
Ready to make this new year amazing? Why not start with the perfect New Year’s Resolution for you.
As you can see there are so many inspirational short new year quotes and wishes.
This year, change things up and send a perfectly curated quote to a friend, family, or loved one.
Wishing you a very happy new year, filled with hope and happiness.
Which short new year quotes and wishes will you send?
Last Updated on January 8, 2022