Looking for inspirational happy October quotes?
Ready to welcome autumn with some short October sayings?
The month of orange, red, and yellow. Of falling leaves, apple picking, wood fires and the splendor of the fall aesthetic.
Somethng magical happens in October, the world is transformed into a golden wonderland, all leading to Halloween night. With Canadian Thanksigving on October 11, the season of thankfulness and gratitude is also begins.
Although the official start of Fall is in late September, Ocotber hold’s the heart of autumn in her hands. Let each falling leaf represent something you are thankful for.
To celebrate the new month, here are 72 inspirational happy October quotes and sayings.
Loving October Quotes and Sayings
Is October your favorite month of the year? Exciting about the first full month of Fall? This first collection of inspirational happy October quotes and sayings expresses the love we feel for October. There is something special about this magical month, these quotes attempt to capture that feeling.
“Hello October, I’ve missed you” ― Unknown
2. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L. M. Montgomery
“I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October.” ― Charmaine J. Forde
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 55 Inspirational Autumn Quotes
4. “My favorite color is October.” ― Unknown
“What could be more exciting than an October day? It’s your birthday, Fourth of July and Christmas all rolled into one.” — Peggy Toney Horton
6. “October is a hallelujah! reverberating in my body year-round…” ―John Nichols
7. “October is the treasurer of the year / And all the months pay bounty to her store.” ― Paul Laurence Dunbar
October is a New Beginning Quotes
Are you ready for a fresh start? For a chance to begin again? The following inspirational happy October quotes are all about how October is a second chance, a second Spring. Even if you’re not born in October, you can be reborn. Shed the old, as the trees let go of their leaves.
“October is a symphony of permanence and change.” ― Bonaro W. Overstreet
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 80 Quotes about Change in Life
9. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
“He loved October. Had always loved it. There was something sad and beautiful about it—the ending and beginning of things.” ― Jacqueline Woodson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: New Year, New Beginning Quotes
11. “You ought to know that October is the first Spring month.” ― Karel Capek
12. “Chicago is an October sort of city even in spring.” ― Nelson Algren
13. “And when it all burns in the wake of October / It’s the month when everything can be over, and all turns to dust / When the night comes, think October.” ― Stephen Lee Bruner
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Hello Spring Quotes
14. “I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
“Although I was born in April, I’m quite certain I was not fully awake until October.” ― Peggy Toney Horton
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 54 Inspirational Happy Easter Quotes
16. “In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October.” ― Alexander Smith
Summer Ends with October Sayings
Feeling sad that summer is ending? Or are you an autumn person? Either way, the next selection of inspirational happy October quotes celebrates summer’s end. Somehow the magic of October makes one not miss hot summer days as much.
“The end of the summer is not the end of the world. Here’s to October…” ― A.A. Milne
18. “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” ― Humbert Wolfe
19. “Pale amber sunlight falls across / The reddening October trees, / That hardly sway before a breeze / As soft as summer: summer’s loss / Seems little, dear! on days like these.” ― Ernest Dowson
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Hello Summer Quotes
20. “October had tremendous possibility. The summer’s oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” ― Sarah Guillory
“O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival for one hour October’s bright blue weather.” ― Helen Hunt Jackson
22. “Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.” ― Carol Bishop Hipps
Sweet September Quotes and Sayings
Do you like September more than October? Do you enjoy the back-to-school season? This collection of happy Ocotber quotes share some love with September, the official start of the Autumn season. There is no October without September.
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 100 Back to School Quotes
23. “Let’s spark up October and make it better than September.” ― Unknown
24. “September is dressing herself in showy dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. October, the extravagant sister, has ordered an immense amount of the most gorgeous forest tapestry for her grand reception.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Appreciaton Quotes for Teachers
25. “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” ― Peggy Toney Horton
26. “After the keen still days of September, the October sun filled the world with mellow warmth… The maple tree in front of the doorstep burned like a gigantic red torch. The oaks along the roadway glowed yellow and bronze. The fields stretched like a carpet of jewels, emerald and topaz and garnet. Everywhere she walked the color shouted and sang around her.” ― Elizabeth George Speare
Enjoy the Light of October Quotes
Did you know that October is the clearest month? That it’s the best time to stargaze? The following collection of happy October quotes to celebrate the beautify of the perfect October night sky. Without a cloud in sight, the October sky is one of a kind. Stay up late and let the stars take your breath away.
27. “The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant.” ― Florence Bone
“The trees are in their autumn beauty, The woodland paths are dry, Under the October twilight the water Mirrors a still sky.” ― William Butler Yeats
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 500 Things to Be Grateful For
29. “You don’t waste October sunshine. Soon the old autumn sun would bed down in cloud blankets, and there would be weeks of gray rain before it finally decided to snow.” ― Katherine Arden
“October sunshine bathed the park with such a melting light that it had the dimmed impressive look of a landscape by an old master.” ― Elizabeth Enright
31. “The sweet calm sunshine of October, now / Warms the low spot; upon its grassy mould / The purple oak-leaf falls; the birchen bough / Drops its bright spoil like arrow-heads of gold.” ― William Cullen Bryant
32. “‘Only today,’ he said, ‘today, in October sun, it’s all gold—sky and tree and water. Everything just before it changes looks to be made of gold’.” ― Eudora Welty
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Why is Gratitude Important?
33. “There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
“In October, a maple tree before your window lights up your room like a great lamp. Even on cloudy days, its presence helps to dispel the gloom.” — John Burroughs
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How To Manifest Gratitude from the Universe
35. “October’s poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter.” ― Nova Bair
Fall Foilage Poems and Quotes
Do you love falling leaves and crisp fall days? Nothing says hello October like the fall foliage. This selection of inspirational happy October quotes is a tribute to the beautiful leaves. What a show they put on for us. Get out and explore to see the best fall foliage.
36. “Ah, Lovely October, as you usher in the season that awakens my soul, your awesome beauty compels my spirit to soar like a leaf caught in an autumn breeze and my heart to sing like a heavenly choir.” ― Peggy Toney Horton
“October’s foliage yellows with his cold.” ― John Ruskin
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 15 Ways to Practice Gratitude
38. “October sets thy leaves ablaze, And warms my muse to sing thy praise.” — James Riggs
“O hushed October morning mild, Thy leaves have ripened to the fall; Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild, Should waste them all.” — Robert Frost
40. “October made the leaves on Main Street fit for a crown. They dripped from the trees in jewel-toned shades: yellow and orange and fiery red. The cool wind sent a confetti-cluster of leaves down around us.” ― Natalie Lloyd
41. “And close at hand, the basket stood / With nuts from brown October’s wood.” ― John Greenleaf Whittier
Enjoy The Aroma of October Quotes
How would you describe the aroma of October? Have you stood outside and just inhaled the mix of wet leaves and firewood? These happy October quotes describe the delicious flavor and scents of autumn. What does October smell like to you? Maybe candies and chocolate.
“October, here’s to you. Here’s to the heady aroma of the frost-kissed apples, the winey smell of ripened grapes, the wild-as-the-wind smell of hickory nuts, and the nostalgic whiff of that first wood smoke.” — Ken Weber
43. “October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!” ― Rainbow Rowell
“It must be October, the trees are falling away and showing their true colors.” ― Charmaine J Forde
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 37 Inspirational Gratitude Quotes
45. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.” — Hal Borland
“I remember it as October days are always remembered, cloudless, maple-flavored, the air gold and so clean it quivers.” ― Leif Enger
47. “October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before Halloween.” ― Keith Donohue
Things to Do In October Quotes
How do you spend your days in October? What October activities do you enjoy? The next collection of inspirational happy October quotes tell the story of October from the perspective of what to do. There are certain things you can only do in October and going on a hike through the forest of falling leaves is just one.
48. “October—the true heart of autumn . . . the perfect blend of daydream and reality, with amazing weather, a beautiful quiet, and soul-calming breezes which lead the way to the comforting slow-down of the year.” — Terri Guillemets
49. “O hushed October morning mild, Begin the hours of this day slow. Make the day seem to us less brief.” ― Robert Frost
“October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins…. Merry October!” — Rainbow Rowell
51. “October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book.” — John Sinor
52. “October is a fine and dangerous season in America. A wonderful time to begin anything at all. You go to college, and every course in the catalogue looks wonderful.” — Thomas Merton
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 83 Happy Halloween Quotes
53. “Pumpkins in October, as fat as the full moon, they sit on our doorstep at night and glow.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
54. “October is not only a beautiful month but marks the precious yet fleeting overlap of hockey, baseball, basketball, and football.” ― Jason Love
“October through December is filled with family and friends and celebrations of the year coming to an end.” — Shanna Mais
Falling In Love With October Sayings
Can you stop yourself from falling in love this October? Is there a more romantic month? This selection of happy October quotes is all about love and relationships in the season of falling leaves. Perhaps even a fall-themed wedding? Isn’t it just so romantic?
56. “Come down, O love; may not our hands still meet, Since still we live today, forgetting June, Forgetting May, deeming October sweet?” ― William Morris
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 110 Inspirational Winter Quotes
57. “Sweet October, fill with praise, Rich and glowing as thy days, Every poet’s heartfelt lays.” ― Caroline May
“It takes a strong man to be with a woman full of fire and stars and all of October.” ― Melody Lee
59. “All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken.” ― Thomas Wolfe
60. “First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys.” ― Ray Bradbury
61. “There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir: We must rise and follow her, When from every hill of flame She calls, and calls each vagabond by name.” ― William Bliss
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 65 Meaningful Christmas Quotes
62. “October is the opal month of the year. It is the month of glory, of ripeness. It is the picture-month.” — Henry Ward Beecher
“This tree must be falling for me, as soon as I sat under it, it dropped its leaves. Oh sweet October!” ― Charmaine J Forde
Emotions and Sad Goodbyes Sayings
Are you sad to see October come or go? Looking forward to the holiday season ahead? This final collection of inspirational happy October quotes are heartfelt and emotional. The seasonal and weather changes ahead can be hard on some, so enjoy those sweet October days while you can. It only gets colder from here!
“October was always the least dependable of months … full of ghosts and shadows.” ― Joy Fielding
65. “What of October, that ambiguous month, the month of tension, the unendurable month?” ― Doris Lessing
66. “The wind grew cold. The leaves turned red. The bark turned red. The soil turned red. The stars turned red. Something was wrong with October.” ― T.R. Darling
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 70 Hello Winter Quotes
67. “October turned my maple’s leaves to gold; The most are gone now; here and there one lingers; Soon these will slip from out the twig’s weak hold, Like coins between a dying miser’s fingers.” ― Thomas Bailey Aldrich
68. “October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” ― J.K. Rowling
“It was normal for it to rain, but in October- who could forget the rains of October?” ― Ondjaki
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends and Family
70. “The crickets still sing in October. And lilly, she’s trying to bloom. Tho she’s resting her head on the shoulder of death, she still shines by the light of the moon.”― Kevin Dalton
71. “And when October goes / The snow begins to fly / Above the smoky roofs / I watch the planes go.” ― Johnny Mercer
72. “But when October comes and goes and no time at all / I’ll begin to feel the chill of an early fall.” ― George Strait
Free 30-Day Gratitude Journal
Ready to make this October filled with gratitude? Get your FREE Printable Gratitude Journal, with 30 days of self-reflection prompts.
October only lasts for 31 days, and once Halloween is in sight the weather always takes a turn for cold.
Be sure to stop and enjoy the beauty and splendor of October. Don’t miss it, don’t wait, as the leaves only fall slowly in perfect synchronicity for a few weeks.
Wishing you a very happy October!Excited about October's arrival? Ready for all things Autumn? Click here to celebrate October's arrival with these 72 Inspirational happy October quotes and sayings. #October #OctoberQuotes #Autumn #FallQuotes #HappyOctober
Which inspriational happy October quotes do you love?
Last Updated on September 12, 2021