Hating your job and thinking about leaving a bad job?
Be honest, are you seriously hating your day job? Do you have a draft of your resignation letter already typed up?
Perhaps you’re afraid to leave your job because the pay is good or not bad. Then, you think of your commute and you hate the hours spent in transit.
Maybe right now you’re wondering, can I afford to quit my job?
It’s easy to dream of life after leaving your job when you’re stuck in a job or position you simply hate. When all you see if how much you dislike it and want to move onto something better.Do you hate your job and can't stop thinking about leaving? Here are 132 quotes about quitting your job perfect for when you're thinking about writing your registration letter. #QuitYourJob #MondaySyndromeClick To Tweet
In a way, it’s sad how the job that you were once excited about getting is now the thing you dread going to the most.
So, what do you do? Do you leave your job, for another job or perhaps start a business?
Listen, I’ve so been there and I’ve built this blog on my escape the 9 to 5 journey. Once you’ve made up your mind, it’s easy to quit, and trust me, it feels so good, but there are so many new challenges to being an entrepreneur. It’s NOT easy to be your own boss and it’s not for everyone.
Be smart about leaving your job, have a plan, start making money before you lose your pay check.
To help you decide whether to quit your job or stay and stop complaining, here are 132 motivational quotes about quitting your job. There’s some serious perspective in these leaving your job quotes. Think about it before you write that resignation letter or tell off your boss in a fit of anger.
Just Do What You Love for a Living Quotes
Are you hating your job right now? But, not sure what to do or if leaving your job is the right choice? The best place to start is with doing what you love. The following motivational quotes about quitting your job encourages us to say yes to ourselves and to follow our passions. Start with why and what your heart desires.
“Life is as simple as these three questions: What do I want? Why do I want it? And, how will I achieve it?” ― Shannon L. Alder
2. “The emphasis should be on why we do a job.” — W. Edwards Deming
3. “Say NO to the demands of the world. Say YES to the longings of your own heart.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
4. “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” — Will Rodgers
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Start A Business You Love
5. “Choose a career you love and you will never have to go to work.” — Denis Waitley
“Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
8. “Your job is not just to do what your parents say, what your teachers say, what society says, but to figure out what your heart calling is and to be led by that.” — Oprah Winfrey
Motivational Start Putting Yourself First Quotes
Why are you thinking about quitting your job? What about your current employment makes you unhappy? The following collection of quotes about leaving a job reminds us that we are more than just our job, and we need to put ourselves first. If your work environment is bad for your wellbeing, make a choice for you, not your job or paycheque. I know you’re not used to it, but your happiness is important!
9. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.” — Michelle Obama
“Happiness is an inside job.” — William Arthur Ward
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Do you need to escape your toxic workplace?
11. “Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.” — Jim Rohn
12. “Real life is the life that’s in you, not your circumstances, like where you live or what job you have or who you’re in relationship with.” — Joyce Meyer
13. “We must not be defined by what we do, but we must be what and who we are, then only happen to do what we do!” ― C. JoyBell C.
“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck
15. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.” — Dan Coppersmith
Quotes About Life Being Too Short to Wait
What are you waiting for? Why are you afraid to quit your job? Don’t live a life filled with regret and “if only’s.” This selection of motivational quotes about quitting your job remind us one truely scary fact – life is way too short to live an unhappy life. Stop waiting, the best time is right now. Your life is slipping by, as you sit there wishing and hoping, instead of doing.
“Work takes on new meaning when you feel you are pointed in the right direction. Otherwise, it’s just a job, and life is too short for that.” — Tim Cook
17. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” — Stephen King
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes that Motivate You to Start
18. “Oh, child just do what you love because you’ll never get this life again.” — Robin Schulz
19. “You’re going to die. You’re going to be dead. It could be 20 years, it could be tomorrow, anytime. So am I. I mean, we’re just going to be gone. The world’s going to go on without us. All right now. You do your job in the face of that, and how seriously you take yourself you decide for yourself.” — Bob Dylan
“Your days are numbered. Use them to throw open the windows of your soul to the sun. If you do not, the sun will soon set, and you with it.” ― Marcus Aurelius
21. “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” — Steve Jobs
Take the Risk and Quit Your Job Quotes
Are you afraid to quit your job and move forward in life? Do you think you’ll fail to create your dream job? There is a risk but also reward to be found in any tough choice. The following quotes about leaving your job encourage us to take the risk, to bet on ourselves and to do what we truly want without lives. Only one thing is for certain, you’ll be miserable if you stay at a job you hate.
“Because if you take a risk, you just might find what you’re looking for.” — Susane Colasanti
23. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”— Jim Rohn
24. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” — Muhammad Ali
25. “In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.” — Peter F. Drucker
“I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos
27. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” — Elon Musk
28. “Risk means everything from being honest about your faith, to moving, to quitting a job that’s paying you a fortune but it’s not what’s in your heart. Risking things is one of the biggest fears we have.” — John Tesh
29. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” — Sheryl Sandberg
“I’d rather be a failure at something I love than succeed at something I hate.” — George Burns
31. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with another hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
It Will Never Be the Perfect Time to Quit Quotes
Are you waiting for the perfect moment to send in your resignation letter? Are you waiting to feel confident enough to quit your day job? These motivational quotes about quitting your job remind us that life will never be perfect, there will never be a perfect moment to leave your job. Sure you should prepare to quit, but you have to just go for it.
“If you’ve got an idea, start today. There’s no better time than now to get going.” — Kevin Systrom
33. “If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually’, just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss
34. “The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect.” — Tim Ferriss
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Can I Afford to Quit My Job?
35. “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes playing a poor hand well.” — Jack London
“People talk about perfect timing, but I think everything is perfect in its moment; you just want to capture that.” — Eddie Huang
38. “You cannot afford to wait for perfect conditions. Goal setting is often a matter of balancing timing against available resources. Opportunities are easily lost while waiting for perfect conditions.” — Gary Ryan Blair
Quotes About Quitting to Find Work-Life Balance
Do you wish you had work-life balance? Tired of feeling overworked and unappreciated? Tell me about it, with 53% of American’s unhappy at work, you are so not alone in feeling this way. The following quotes about leaving your job are all about the importance of remembering to actually live, not just work. There has to be joy and fulfillment in your job, or you will be unhappy. And getting paid doesn’t always equal joy.
“Working gets in the way of living.” — Omar Sharif
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Happy and Positive
40. “Making money isn’t hard in itself, what’s hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting your life to.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” — Chuck Palahniuk
42. “I think the person who takes a job in order to live – that is to say, for the money – has turned himself into a slave.” — Joseph Campbell
43. “For an entrepreneur with ‘improbable’ and ‘impossible’ dreams, the alleged stability that comes from getting ‘a real job’ is nothing but a sign of slavery.” — Fabrizio Moreira
44. “Work without love is slavery.” — Mother Teresa
Don’t Get Too Comfortable, Leave Your Job Quotes
Are you too comfortable in your job? Has getting paid regularly destroyed your dreams? This selection of quitting your job quotes explores the role comfort plays in keeping us from leaving. After graduating from college and entering the workforce, it’s easy to think that all we need to make us feel successful and happy is a paycheque. Getting hired, and getting paid for a time makes us feel good, but without passion or true love of the job, unhappiness sets in.
“Never fear a job, always respect it, and always leave yourself a hind door to escape. May your hind door always be open.” — Red Adair
46. “Challenge yourself, grow, blossom, and become who you were meant to be. Don’t ever stay at a job solely out of convenience or comfort. Aim higher, even if that means pursuing another job that’s just one step closer to your ultimate goal.” — Carolyn Aronson
47. “I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn’t want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges.” — Harrison Ford
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Should I follow my dreams or be realistic?
48. “Comfortable shoes and the freedom to leave are the two most important things in life.” ― Shel Silverstein
49. “Don’t stay at the job for safe salary increases over time. That will never get you where you want – freedom from financial worry. Only free time, imagination, creativity, and an ability to disappear will help you deliver value that nobody ever delivered before in the history of mankind.” — James Altucher
“The idea of having a steady job is appealing.” — Robin Williams
51. “A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they find a job.” — Zig Ziglar
52. “I know why most people never get rich. They put the money ahead of the job. If you just think of the job, the money will automatically follow. This never fails.” — Hedy Lamarr
Quotes About Quitting and Giving Up
How do you truly feel about quitting your job? Does it feel like giving up, like you’re not strong enough? The following quotes about quitting echo the sentiment of society about “leaving your job to follow your passions.” Whether or not you agree with these quotes says a lot about you and whether you’ll actually leave your job. Forget that people say, only you know if quitting is the right choice for you. Or is quitting your job, helping you actually achieve your dreams?
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” — Douglas MacArthur
54. “Quitting because you don’t want to be uncomfortable will prevent you from growing.” — Amy Morin
55. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” — Lance Armstrong
“I grew so depressed from the lack of support that I considered quitting. No one understood me.” — Shinya Yamanaka
57. “As long as I’m having fun, I’m not quitting.” — Sue Johanson
58. “Well, I think that you know, I threatened myself with quitting after every movie. But I think everybody does that, right?” — Joaquin Phoenix
“Quitting is the easiest thing to do.” — Robert Kiyosaki
Motivational Quotes About Quitting Your Job
If you didn’t have your job, what would you be doing? Are you daydreaming of life without a 9 to 5? Sometimes quitting is hard, but moving forward is easier. This selection of quitting your job quotes encourages us to just do it, just leave our job and move onto better things like traveling the world. Don’t worry, your calling and purpose are much greater than a job title.
“Quit your job. Buy a ticket. Get a tan. Fall in love. Never return.” — Spencer Antle
62. “I’m not telling anyone, ‘Quit your job and be homeless to go for your dream’.’” — Hill Harper
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes About Change in Life and Moving On
63. “You can quit your job, but you can’t quit your calling.” — Lissa Rankin
64. “You can retire from a job, but don’t ever retire from making extremely meaningful contributions in life.” — Stephen Covey
“Follow your dreams, quit your job.” — Jared Leto
66. “Quitting a job can be like an exorcism where you cast out a demon. The demon is the foreign spirit who occupies you through your occupation.” — Bryant McGill
Think of Your Kids When Leaving Your Job Quotes
Do you have kids and responsibilities at home? Are you feeling mom or dad guilt when thinking about leaving your job? Obviously, you have to think about your children when deciding to leave your job, either to spend more time for them or to provide for them. The following leaving job quotes and sayings remind us to think about the children. It’s hard to be a good parent, when you’re unhappy, overwhelmed at work and hating your job every day.
67. “Kids need to know they’re the most important thing in the world to you, and if that means quitting your job to prove it, then you have to prove it.” — Jim Carrey
68. “I think whether it’s a good idea or not to take the startup plunge comes down to the responsibilities of the individual. If you have a family to care for or a huge mortgage payment, then quitting your steady day job to launch a startup probably isn’t the best decision to make.” — Chieh Huang
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Deal With Overwhelm At Work
69. “When there is no job related stress, you are more aware of your mate and children, if you are a parent.” — Zig Ziglar
“The more relaxed you are, the better you are at everything: the better you are with your loved ones, the better you are with your enemies, the better you are at your job, the better you are with yourself.” — Bill Murray
71. “To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father.” — Nick Lachey
72. “A job should bring enough for a worker and family to live on, but after that, self-realization, the exercise of one’s gifts and talents, is what truly matters.” — Michael Dirda
73. “In the 1960s, a minimum wage job would keep a family of three afloat.” — Elizabeth Warren
Quotes About Women in the Workforce Quitting
Are you a woman in the workplace who is underpaid and undervalued? With the wage gap and on average a women earning 54 cents to a man’s dollar, it’s no surprise that women are leaving their jobs. And that’s without even mentioning the other crap women deal with on a daily basis in the workplace. These quotes are just for the ladies who are thinking about sending in their resignation letter.
“The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune.” — Amelia Earhart
75. “A stay-at-home mom is a working mom. Being a stay-at-home mom is a job.” — Cobie Smulders
76. “I’ve got a woman’s ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it.” — Margaret Thatcher
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Be Your Own Boss
77. “To be successful, a woman has to be much better at her job than a man.” — Golda Meir
Believe in Your Work or Quit Quotes
Do you actually believe in your work? Does working hard at your job make you feel satisfied or resentful? It’s hard to be happy and fulfilled at a job that you don’t actually believe in. This collection of motivational quit your job quotes illustrates the importance of truly enjoying your work. When you enjoy your work, you are more productive!
79. “There is nothing to regret with a job well done.” — Joe Garcia
80. “Any job very well done that has been carried out by a person who is fully dedicated is always a source of inspiration.” — Carlos Ghosn
“To be successful, a woman has to be much better at her job than a man.” — Golda Meir and not expect praise for one simply carried out.” — Gina Barreca
82. “The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.” — Steve Jobs
“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work” — Aristotle
84. “A productive employee who is kept busy working at his or her job is far more likely to be happy at that job and less likely to look for employment elsewhere.” — Zig Ziglar
85. “Love your job, stay punctual, and appreciate everything!” — Liu Wen
“Working a job I love is mentally less stressful than punching in a clock everyday, but it’s a lot busier.” — Lee DeWyze
Every Job Is Important Quotes
Do you feel as if your job doesn’t matter? Are you feeling unimportant and unseen in your job? Everyone ones to feel valued and important, especially at a place we spend the majority of our time. The following quotes remind us that every job, no matter how small it seems, is important. Don’t quit just because you feel unimportant, that’s a self-worth issue, not a job issue.
87. “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
88. “When done with heart, commitment, and integrity, every job is equally important.” — Yolanda Hadid
“What I always say is, ‘Do every job you’re in like you’re going to do it for the rest of your life, and demonstrate that ownership of it’.” — Mary Barra
90. “A skilled worker, regardless of the job description, remains a treasure.” — Madeleine M. Kunin
👉🏽 RELATED POST: What's Your Superpower?
91. “Do your job; be the best at whatever your job description is.” — Randy Moss
“Happiness does not come from a job. It comes from knowing what you truly value and behaving in a way that’s consistent with those beliefs.” — Mike Rowe
93. “The longer the title, the less important the job.” — George McGovern
Quotes About Showing up and Doing the Job
Are you constantly complaining about your job and how much you make? Do you simply hate what you do every day? The following quotes about quitting your job are quite frank with us, by saying just shut up, show up and do your job. If you can’t change your situation, perhaps a change in attitude is in order.
94. “Leave your ego at the door every morning, and just do some truly great work. Few things will make you feel better than a job brilliantly done.” — Robin S. Sharma
“If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” — Mark Twain
96. “Maturity: Be able to stick with a job until it is finished. Be able to bear an injustice without having to get even. Be able to carry money without spending it. Do your duty without being supervised.” — Ann Landers
97. “To succeed in life in today’s world, you must have the will and tenacity to finish the job.” — Chin-Ning Chu
98. “If you’re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.” — Will Smith
👉🏽 RELATED POST: How to Focus Better at Work
99. “There is absolutely nothing that you can control except showing up and doing your job.” — Tituss Burgess
“If you start focusing on the next job, then you’re probably not going to do the one you have very well.” — William H. McRaven
101. “You don’t want to work on a job where you’re looking at your watch.” — Stephen Hillenburg
102. “Every job you do, somebody’s looking at it. You’re leaving an impression on somebody. What is going to be your footprint?” — Aldis Hodge
Overcoming Challenges in the Workplace Quotes
Is your job too challenging? Or is it too difficult to continue doing a job you clearly hate? Well, new flash life if full of challenges, even when you’re self-employed. These quotes about quitting your job are all about facing challenges at work. Learn how to make the best of any situation, whether employee or entrepreneur.
103. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” — John Wooden
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Ways to Start Fighting for Your Dreams Today
105. “Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.” — Jim Lovell
106. “Don’t wish for things to be easier, wish for you to be better.” – Jim Rohn
“If a job’s worth doing, it’s too hard.” — Scott Adams
108. “If you have a job without any aggravations, you don’t have a job.” — Malcolm Forbes
Emotional Quotes About Hating Your Job
Do you really hate your job? Are you daydreaming about walking into your bosses office and screaming “I quit!” Before you write or yell your resignation, here some quotes to give you perspective when you’re angry and want to leave your job. Take a deep breath, and make a rational decision about leaving your job.
109. “Anger does not solve problems – anger only makes things worse. I go by the old saying, ‘Don’t make important decisions when you’re angry’.” — Lionel Sosa
“There are going to be peaks and valleys in everything – in your marriage, in your job, in your life. So just enjoy the peaks and ride out the valleys. Just try not to do anything too rash.” — Ricky Schroder
111. “In any job, you can come under attack or have a door slammed in your face. You do want to listen to critics; you don’t want to be in a cocoon and never change. Get a second opinion from coworkers and friends. Know that criticism can be valid, but don’t take it personally.” — Amy Klobuchar
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Responding to Criticism Quotes
112. “If you’re not having fun with your job, it will show.” — Alice Dellal
113. “It’s so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy. Losing your cool makes you tired. Getting angry a lot messes with your health.” — Joyce Meyer
114. “It’s not the situation, but whether we react negative or respond positive to the situation that is important.” — Zig Ziglar
“I think my resignation was the only way to avoid bloodshed.” — Eduard Shevardnadze
116. “I have such a stressful job that the only way I can get it out of my mind is by running hard.” — Alan Turing
“Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.” — Drew Carey
Quotes About Getting Fired and Losing Your Job
Are you afraid of getting fired or losing your job? What would you do if you lost your job? Sometimes you’re more appreciative of something when you’re afraid of losing it. The following quotes open our eyes to just how much we need and actually appreciate having our jobs.
119. “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.” — George Carlin
120. “I’m not afraid to lose my job, and when you’re not afraid, you don’t feel any pressures. You are not too worried; you can express yourself in a different way. It makes you better, I think.” — Jose Mourinho
121. “Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.” — Ronald Reagan
“Believe me, it’s always a lot harder on the guy getting fired.” — Stan Van Gundy
123. “Middle-class people worry a lot about money. They worry a lot about job security, and they do a lot of nine-to-five stuff.” — Irvine Welsh
124. “I never regretted turning down anything, I never regretted losing a job because I always felt something else was out there.” — Carol Burnett
Good Advice for Your Next Job Quotes
Ready to quit your job but concerned about what to do next? Not sure what your next move should be after resignation? This final collection of quit your job quotes provides some amazing advice for choosing or creating your next job. Remember to be smart and not leave your current position until you’ve lined up something better.
125. “Start a part-time business and make as many mistakes as you possibly can while you still have your daytime job.” — Robert Kiyosaki
126. “Stop looking for the ‘right’ career, and start looking for a job. Any job. Forget about what you like. Focus on what’s available. Get yourself hired. Show up early. Stay late. Volunteer for the scut work. Become indispensable. You can always quit later, and be no worse off than you are today.” — Mike Rowe
127. “Starting a new job is always scary, or at least for me it’s always scary. It’s like the first day of school.” — Sean Maher
128. “Always be smarter than the people who hire you.” ― Lena Horne
“I’m a big believer in picking your boss, not the job. Great people create great jobs.” — Nancy Dubuc
130. “If there is a job that you feel passionate about, do what you can to pursue that job; if there is a purpose about which you are passionate, dedicate yourself to that purpose.” — Janet Yellen
131. “We have the opportunity not just to choose our job or profession, but also to choose the sort of life we want to live and the imprint we will leave on others.” — Michael Gove
“We were told not to turn our hobby into our job, but to turn our job into our hobby. As kids, we were told not to pursue our dreams!” — Khalid
Printable Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Feeling super motivated to move forward towards your dream job or career? Get your free printable black and white wall art quotes that are perfect for your home, office, bedroom or wherever you need to find inspirational daily. Each design is black and white and features brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed and posted.
So, what will you do? Are you going to quit your job or stay put and make peace with it?
When you leave your job you get control back and yes, you can do what you love and pursue your passions. But, that only takes so far without a solid plan for making money. There are so many side-hustles and ways to earn extra money at home before you quit.
Don’t just quit without a plan, be responsible and plan your exit and transition from the employee to entrepreneur.
Or if you’re looking for a better job that’s more suited to you, be sure to line it up before you give you two weeks notice.
Your happiness is important, but so is your survival. By making a timeline and a plan, you can have both.
I’m living proof that you can quit your day job and do what you love.
What quotes about quitting your job do you love?