Looking for inspirational welcome February quotes and sayings? Want happy February quotes to say hello to the month of love?
February is the second month of the Gregorian calendar. Along with January, it’s one of the two newest months to be added to the previous Roman calendar that consisted of only ten months. February is named after the Roman god Februus, the god of purification.
We can all thank the Roman King Numa Pomilius for this calendar shift to align with the lunar calendar. Of all the months of the year, February now stands apart. The only with 28 days or 29 on a leap year every four years. This extra day every four years is to account for the extra 6 hours and 9 minutes from each rotation around the sun.
There’s more to February than being the shortest and coldest month for many in the northern hemisphere. February marks the start of the Lunar New Year, Valentine’s Day, and Black History Month.
Celebrate the month of February with these 105 welcome February inspirational quotes. Share your favorite February quotes by the authors you love.
Hello February Is Quotes and Sayings
What does February mean for you? Does it hold a special place in your heart? This first collection of inspirational February quotes describes the essence of the second month of the year. There is something melancholy about February isn’t there? You’ve got a find a way to find the sunshine in this cold month. It’s coming!
“February is just plain malicious. It knows your defenses are down.” ― Katherine Paterson
2. “In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.” — Patience Strong
“February is the uncertain month, neither black nor white but all shades between by turns. Nothing is sure.” ― Gladys Hasty Carroll
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 82 Motivational January Quotes
4. “Why does February feel like one big Tuesday?” ― Todd Stocker
5. “Do not rely on February . . . The sun in this month begets a headache like an angel slapping you in the face.” ― Anne Sexton
“The day and time itself, late afternoon in early February, was there a moment of the year better suited for despair?” ― Alice McDermott
7. “Terrible, dreepy, dark February weather I remember, and the worst, most frightened days of my life.” ― Sebastian Barry
8. “The February sunshine steeps your boughs and tints the buds and swells the leaves within.” ― William Cullen Bryant
9. “The Polar Intuit of northwest Greenland, the northernmost people, call February ‘seqinniaq’, ‘the month when the sun appears’.” ― Fred Bruemmer
Inspirational February Is the Shortest Month Quotes
Do you love or hate February? Do you look forward to February days or wish for their speedy departure? The following quotes inspirational about February remind us that February is the shortest month of the year. The choice is yours to make the most or the least of these 28 days.
“Even though February was the shortest month of the year, sometimes it seemed like the longest.” ― J.D. Robb
11. “Though, February is short, it is filled with lots of love and sweet surprises.” — Charmaine J Forde
“February is the shortest month, so if you’re having a miserable month, try to schedule it for February.” ― Lemony Snickett
13. “February is for curmudgeons, whinge-bags, and misanthropes . . . it’s so short. There is nothing good about it, which is why it’s so great.” ― Lionel Shriver
14. “February is short and very sweet.” — Charmaine J Forde
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Valentine's Day Quotes for Friends
15. “February—the month of love..?!! No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” ― Dinesh Kumar Biran
16. “February is a suitable month for dying. Everything around is dead, the trees black and frozen so that the appearance of green shoots two months hence seems preposterous, the ground hard and cold, the snow dirty, the winter hateful, hanging on too long.” ― Anna Quindlen
“The reason God made February short a few days was because he knew that by the time people came to the end of it they would die if they had to stand one more blasted day.” ― Katherine Paterson
18. “When God was making the months I think February was a mistake, like a burp. There it was, small, dark, and prickly. It had absolutely no redeeming qualities.” ― Shannon Wiersbitzky
February is Black History Month Quotes
Did you know that February is Black History Month? Or Why Black History Month is celebrated in February? This selection of happy February quotes is all about the importance of celebrating, understanding and appreciating Black History. There’s so much more history to learn than Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks. Educate yourself.
19. “Every February, we reflect on and honor the achievements, struggles, and icons that comprise Black history.” — Jaime Harrison
“By rooting Negro History Week in February, Woodson sought to both honor the inestimable legacy of Lincoln and Douglass.” — Jeff Wallenfeldt
21. “Woodson chose the second week in February, as it encompassed both Frederick Douglass’ birthday on February 14 and Abraham Lincoln’s birthday on February 12.” — Julia Zorthian
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Black History Month Quotes
22. “We must never forget that Black History is American History. The achievements of African Americans have contributed to our nation’s greatness.” — Yvette Clarke
23. “Black History Month could focus less on slavery and civil rights and more on the Harlem Renaissance and everything we have achieved. I want to know about the whole black experience.” — Marley Dias
“It is my hope that as we commemorate Black History Month in the future, we will continue to celebrate the many achievements and rich culture of African-Americans.” — Eliot Engel
25. “Black History Month is an annual opportunity to recognize the central role of African Americans in our state’s economic, cultural, social and political history.” — John Bel Edwards
26. “Black History Month must be more than just a month of remembrance; it should be a tribute to our history and reminder of the work that lies in the months and years ahead.” — Marty Meehan
27. “Jesus’ birthday is commercialized, so of course, Black History Month is commercialized.” — Jidenna
28. “I grew up watching people and companies commercialize Black History Month.” — Jermaine Fowler
29. “Black culture is pop culture, Black History Month is every month, and that’s something they want us to forget.” — Goldlink
Welcome February The Month of Cold Quotes
Do you love winter and the cold weather? Do you enjoy the cold days or wish for warmer ones? The following collection of welcome February quotes quotes paint a freezing picture of life in February. You better stay warm!
“I used to try to decide which was the worst month of the year. In the winter I would choose February.” ― Katherine Paterson
31. “In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other.” — Linda Ellerbee
👉🏽 RELATED POST: 70 Hello Winter Quotes
32. “In February air. Please don’t lose hold of me, out there.” ― Lights
“On month till February, keep on holding on and I know it sure, and I know it sure.” ― Låpsley
34. “February… Bending from Heaven, in azure mirth, It kissed the forehead of the Earth, And smiled upon the silent sea, And bade the frozen streams be free, And waked to music all their fountains, And breathed upon the frozen mountains.” ― Percy Bysshe Shelley
“February, a form pale-vestured, wildly fair. One of the North Wind’s daughters with icicles in her hair.” ― Edgar Fawcett
36. “Thick February mists cling heavily to the dead earth and to each leafless tree.” ― Emma Lazarus
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational Winter Quotes
37. “February, when the days of winter seem endless and no amount of wistful recollecting can bring back any air of summer.” ― Shirley Jackson
“Late February days; and now, at last, Might you have thought that winter’s woe was past; So fair the sky was and so soft the air.” ― William Morris
39. “Anything after we returned from vacation was a hot autumn day, taunting me with promises of February snow piles.” ― Thomm Quackenbush
Quotes About Feeling Sad In February
Isn’t it true that February makes you feel sad? Does the feeling of sadness and isolation hit you? These inspirational February quotes illustrate the tangible gloominess of February. Whether it’s the weather, the food, the cold, or the feelings themselves, seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is real. Take care of yourself!
“Good morrow, Benedick. Why, what’s the matter? That you have such a February face so full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?” ― William Shakespeare
41. “The great grey beast February had eaten Harvey Swick alive.” ― Clive Barker
42. “In the gloomy month of February, the Deserts of Arabia are not more dreary and inhospitable than the streets of London at such a time.” ― Washington Irving
43. “On the wind in February, snowflakes float still. Half inclined to turn to rain, nipping, dripping, chill.” ― Christina Georgina Rossetti
“Cold and snowy February does seem slow and trying, very. Still, a month made gay by Cupid never could be wholly stupid.” ― Louise Bennett Weaver
45. “Freezing cold winds, biting chills, and white snow fluffed hills Valentine’s day, oh how gay! Presidents’ Day is coming our way. February, sweet and small, the greatest month of all.” ― Eric Lies
46. “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be… well, January.” ― Jim Gaffigan
Quotes that Celebrate February 14th
Do you look forward to Valentine’s Day? Are you in the mood for February love? Whether this is a free agent thing in the romance department or you’re coupled up, the following inspirational quotes celebrate the most famous day in February: Valentine’s Day.
47. “Okay love birds -listen up! I have an announcement to make. Today is the 14th of February and it is a special day for you. Try to loosen up and love each other like you inhale the last breath of your life. Make it exciting and enjoyable. Happy Valentine’s Day.” ― Euginia Herlihy
“In the best of all possible worlds, February 14 is a pleasant and sentimental opportunity to lavish your partner with attention or move your relationship to the next level.” ― Pepper Schwartz
49. “While reflecting on past relationships and learning from them can be helpful, February isn’t the best time to try and gain insight.” ― Amy Morin
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Single on Valentine's Day Quotes
50. “In February when my garden is barren of flowers, you are the only flower blooming in my heart. I cherish you and adore you with all of my heart because you are my Valentine.” ― Debasish Mridha
51. “The only bubble in the flat champagne of February is Valentine’s Day. It was no accident that our ancestors pinned Valentine’s Day on February’s shirt: he or she lucky enough to have a lover in frigid, antsy February has cause for celebration, indeed.” ― Tom Robbins
52. “If you can believe it, Hollywood wanted to change my birthdate. I was born after Valentine’s Day, so they wanted to change it to February 14. A Latin lover should be born on Valentine’s Day. I said no.” ― Cesar Romero
53. “One of the major dangers of being alone in February is the tendency to dwell on past relationships. Whether you’re daydreaming about that ‘one that got away,’ or you’re recalling the fairy tale date you went on last Valentine’s Day, romanticizing the past isn’t helpful ― nor accurate.” ― Amy Morin
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Quotes About Being Single and Happy
54. “When I was young, we didn’t celebrate February 14. For us, Valentine’s Day meant Saraswati Puja. And just a single day in a year can’t be Valentine’s Day.” ― Prosenjit Chatterjee
Funny Love Quotes for February
Looking for funny February quotes to share for Valentine’s? Share the love with quotes inspirational quotes all about the hilarity and humor of love and romance for Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re in love or not, you can have a good laugh with these.
“For a country that makes such a fuss about love on the 14th of February, America has a funny way of showing it on the other 364 days of the year.” ― Amanda Foreman
57. “Why do all our friends and relatives destroy the summer for us? Why can’t they get married in February?” ― Jerry Della Femina
👉🏽 RELATED POST: End of Summer Quotes
58. “February days are a marketing gimmick; love happens every day.” ― Randeep Hooda
“If you text ‘I love you’ and the person writes back an emoji – no matter what that emoji is – they don’t love you back.” ― Chelsea Peretti
60. “Love thy neighbor — and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.” ― Mae West
61. “Just last week I wrote: ‘I still love you. See last year’s card for full details.'” ― Michael McIntyre
62. “Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you’re in.” — Richard Jeni
“When February birds do mate, You wed nor dread your fate . . . Married in February’s sleepy weather, Life you’ll tread in time together.” ― New Zealand Proverb
64. “The most serious charge which can be brought against New England is not Puritanism but February.” ― Joseph Wood Krutch
More Feb Quotes and Sayings
What’s February like where you live? This selection of February quotes describes this long, grey month in even more detail. They describe what this month of cold is like around the world and in major cityies. Thank goodness, February is only 28 days short (normally).
65. “It’s February again, we must get older, now, so please wake up.” ― Regina Spektor
66. “February, fill the dyke With what thou dost like.” ― Thomas Tusser
67. “Colour purple. Dream burning, February’s sea.” ― Sadayo Takizawa
“Cause it’s February the twenty second.” ― Fred Astaire
69. “In February’s dark we watched the stars. Explode until day break.” ― Laura Veirs
70. “February is always a bad month for TV sports. Football is gone, basketball is plodding along in the annual midseason doldrums, and baseball is not even mentioned.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
71. “I love any excuse to come to New York – when it’s not February.” ― K. A. Applegate
“February makes me kinda crazy a hundred miles to go to Kansas City. Will you still be callin’ me your baby?” ― Melissa Etheridge
74. “According to the supermarkets, there is no such thing as ‘out of season.’ Berries in the middle of February? Why not?” ― Kevyn Aucoin
Born on 29th February and Leap Year Quotes
Were you born February 29th? Is this a happy birthday month for you? Let’s wish all the February babies and leap year birthdays with these inspirational welcome February quotes.
75. “Surely this was a sign on Leap Year night!… It’s the 29th. Go in and win. Don’t be afraid.” ― A. A. Milne
76. “If you meet 29th February, think of something unique for it is the only day that defines a year as a leap year. It is the only day that makes February truly unique.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
“A strange amazing day that comes only once every four years . . . A day of temporal tune up.” ― Vera Nazarian
78. “For leap year comes naething but ance in the four.” ― Robert Shennan
79. “So, life can boast its day, like leap-year, stolen from death!” ― Robert Browning
80. “Every leap year I like to jump. It’s a good way to get my exercise in every four years.” ― Jarod Kintz
81. “Your birthday happens each year on exactly the same day. It is a solid thing, a dependable thing, a measure of your life broken down into 365 subunits. For a Leaper, it is a bit different. For us, the basic assumption is shattered from the beginning.” ― Rick Tumlinson
“In Leap Year the weather always changes on a Friday.” ― Belgian Proverb
83. “Like leap-year day — nothing in itself, but a nudge jostling every other day.” — Michael Cisco
84. “Years that are evenly divisible by 100 do not contain a leap day, apart from those years that are evenly divisible by 400, which do… The Gregorian calendar repeats itself every 400 years.” — Rob Leigh
“During a Leap Year, as Leap Day approached, I began to have this sense I was to get what I always seem to need: an extra 24 hours in the day… Then I started to think Leap Day should be designated a holiday so people can take advantage of the extra 24 hours however they wished.” ― Kara Douglass Thom
86. “It takes three springs to make one leap year.” ― The Comic Almanack
“This being Leap Year the signs of the Zodiak are all on the rampage.” ― Josh Billings
Inspirational February Is Unlike Any Other Month Quotes
Is February your favorite month of the year? What month do you prefer more? Welcome February with the following happy February quotes that show just how unique it is. Let’s compare February to the other months of the year.
88. “Don’t wait until February to start living in January.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
“The shortest day has passed, and whatever nastiness of weather we may look forward to in January and February, at least we notice that the days are getting longer.” ― V. Sackville-West
90. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.” — Suze Orman
“If January is the month of change, February is the month of lasting change. January is for dreamers… February is for doers.” — Marc Parent
92. “January is always a good month for behavioral economics: Few things illustrate self-control as vividly as New Year’s resolutions. February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.” — Sendhil Mullainathan
93. “February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March.” ― J.R. Stockton
“February makes a bridge and March breaks it.” ― Witts Recreations
95. “February came like this. She’s marching with her friend called April. May you never look like it June and July, oh mama.” ― Lotto Boyzz
96. “Even winter, the hardest season, the most implacable, dreams, as February creeps on, of the flame that will presently melt it away. Everything tires with time and starts to seek some opposition, to save it from itself.”― Clive Barker
February Means Spring is Near Quotes
Ready for winter winds to turn to spring sunshine? This final selection of inspirational welcome February quotes reminds us of the promise of spring. No matter how dark, wet, or cold February is, brighter days await us. And then surely coming summer will melt away the memories of February.
97. “February is the border between winter and spring.” — Terri Guillemets
98. “Today is the first of February, snowy, brilliant, but dripping with the sound of spring wherever the sun lies warm, and calling with the heart of spring yonder where the crows are assembling. There is spring in the talk of the chickadees outside my window, and in the cheerful bluster of a red squirrel in the hickory.” ― Dallas Lore Sharp
“February brings the rain, Thaws the frozen lake again.” ― Sara Coleridge
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational Hello Spring Quotes
100. “January cold and desolate; February dripping wet.” ― Christina Giorgina Rossetti
101. “The bitter winds in February were sometimes called the First East Winds, but the longing for spring somehow made them seem more piercing.” ― Eiji Yoshikawa
“While it is February one can taste the full joys of anticipation. Spring stands at the gate with her finger on the latch.” ― Patience Strong
👉🏽 RELATED POST: Inspirational Happy Easter Quotes
103. “February. Take ink and weep, write February as you’re sobbing, while black Spring burns deep through the slush and throbbing.” ― Boris Pasternak
104. “There is always in February some one day, at least, when one smells the yet distant, but surely coming, summer.” — Gertrude Jekyll
“Violets are God’s apology for February.” ― Barbara Johnson
Inspirational Black & White Wall Art Quotes
Love inspirational quotes and sayings? Here are 10 beautiful printable black and white art quotes that are perfect for your office, bedroom, or wherever you need the reminder to live an inspired life. Each design features a brushed ink letter detailing.
This download comes with 10 high-resolution graphics ready to be printed, framed, and posted.
Although short, February can be a challenging month. It’s an emotional time and the darkness, coldness, and celebrations can get to us.
Give yourself the support and comfort you need. Stay warm, stay cozy and look out for the sunshine of spring.
Happy February! Click here for 105 inspirational welcome February quotes and saying. They're perfect for calendars or bullet journals. #February #FebruaryWish #FebruaryQuotes #WelcomeFebruary
What inspirational welcome February quotes do you love?
Last Updated on February 12, 2022